SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Copped a puncture on the monash Friday

Old Federal RSRR were nearly bald so, with the need to get back on the road asap, thought I'd give the RE003 a go in 245/40 all round. Impressive all round tyre for the money - $840 for four with an alignment.

They don't grip quite as well as I remember the Federals did when new, but it's expected with a treadwear of 200-220. Much much less road noise and look actually useful in the wet. Love the confidence that new tyres inspire in driving feel!

Coinspot doing AUD to crypto, but 7% transaction fees... And I can't even send my coins to another wallet due to some glitch.

Don't recommend.

Blockfolio app is now indispensable. Helps keep track of shit as watching stuff on Bittrex is annoying and only keeps transaction history for a month, pretty shitty really.

Copped a puncture on the monash Friday
Old Federal RSRR were nearly bald so, with the need to get back on the road asap, thought I'd give the RE003 a go in 245/40 all round. Impressive all round tyre for the money - $840 for four with an alignment.
They don't grip quite as well as I remember the Federals did when new, but it's expected with a treadwear of 200-220. Much much less road noise and look actually useful in the wet. Love the confidence that new tyres inspire in driving feel!

I'm leaning towards the re-71r (don't expect more than 10k out of them). Most normal tyre shops can get them but won't stock them and they seem to be only a little more than the re003. Gordon leven in Sydney seem to keep the common sizes in stock (they only do motor sport tyres) tyres shops have referred me to them before as apparently they get priority over jax/Bob Jane etc on the high grip/short life tyres if you need sizes that aren't commonly brought into the country in qty.

3 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Coinspot doing AUD to crypto, but 7% transaction fees... And I can't even send my coins to another wallet due to some glitch.

Don't recommend.

Blockfolio app is now indispensable. Helps keep track of shit as watching stuff on Bittrex is annoying and only keeps transaction history for a month, pretty shitty really.

What's the alternative ive signed up with BTC markets and also Coinspot for alts.

3 hours ago, blah_blah said:

What's the alternative ive signed up with BTC markets and also Coinspot for alts.

There are many

Binance is cheap but doesn't have everything, Bittrex also good

10 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

Where were they from?

Did think about going Bridgestone or Michelin for dat Costco discount.

FYI though, RSRR in 255/40/17 are something like $700 fitted for 4.

Bob Jane 3+1 Christmas special

These were 245/40/18

255/40/17 is usually a pretty cheap fitment across most brands and I'm tipping $700 doesn't get you an alignment?

6 hours ago, TiTAN said:

I'm leaning towards the re-71r (don't expect more than 10k out of them). Most normal tyre shops can get them but won't stock them and they seem to be only a little more than the re003. Gordon leven in Sydney seem to keep the common sizes in stock (they only do motor sport tyres) tyres shops have referred me to them before as apparently they get priority over jax/Bob Jane etc on the high grip/short life tyres if you need sizes that aren't commonly brought into the country in qty.

I nearly went with AD08Rs again but they didn't have in stock

Needed my car for this week so thought it better to bite the bullet on the best performance tyre they could give me and I have wanted to try these for a while. Curious about their wet weather performance and if I get more than 10k out of them with my driving style.

Bob Jane 3+1 Christmas special
These were 245/40/18
255/40/17 is usually a pretty cheap fitment across most brands and I'm tipping $700 doesn't get you an alignment?
Nah no alignment. Wasn't my car either lol, dhf tyres in hallam if down that way.

Wasn't 3+1 however, one day I'll go to Costco and actually ask them to price match on re71r or PS4 or pilot sport cups, while I get fat on hotdogs there.

Coinbase is easy to use, but can be slow due to volume. Send btc or eth or Ltc from there to binance or Bittrex. Then happy shopping. Otherwise if you just want to go AUD-most coins, and vice versa use coinspot.

If you wanted to buy say 5 bitcoins for example, is it as easy as having one of these 'wallets' and the ~100k necessary to do so or is it difficult to buy whole coins due to limited availability?

I think something like 17,000 bitcoins worth get traded each day, not sure if 5 could be bought at the same price... But Coinbase, coinspot you have to "earn" your way to big amounts. Because it can be quite easy to do a dodgy on them with the way crypto works. So for example a mate and f mine been trading for over a year and his limit is 20,000pounds.

My Coinbase limit is $500 a week. Coinspot... I dunno, $5000?

I'm not sure if there's brokers around or something might be able to do big purchases. There'd have to be.