SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

the thing is they are just so easy to steal, 

newer ones actually take some skill

whats with the work car park, cameras? open air?  

was it jsut drive past and go oh that's an easy one, or targeted

no idea how I was so lucky for so long had mustang parked on street in Brunswick for 3-4 years when I first got it (still remember going to see Gone in 60 seconds at crown with it parked in the multi story below going..hmm is it still going to be there)  S14 was on street all it's daily life alternating between work in south melb and home in newport..

guess eastern suburbs are just dodgier.

Open air work carpark with cameras, you can't see my car from the street, so someone has seen me drive in or wandered through the carpark looking for targets. Or someone who works here has tipped someone.

They don't really care where, anytime and any place.

9 hours ago, emts said:

are you getting camera footage pulled? or they just don't care.

Bit of both combined with my own apathy

I've seen the footage before from the last time this happened, it really isn't useful, certainly not for identifying people. It will only show me if another car was driven in or if they came on foot in hoodies as they do. If there's a car or a clear image I'll give to police but otherwise it's a waste.

• Like 1

Put a old go pro in, turn off the recording red light and face it toward the driver door point out the window from suction cap and plug it in to the car to charge it when you drive, replace SD card every few days to clear it. Catch their face = win? 

Edited by UNR33L

well you could add security and add preformance at same time...

set up a set of these suckers to the alarm and a bottle of NOS.

tasty BBQ when come back to the car plus a bit extra off the lights when needed.

Win Win

Image result for BMW flame throwers

I could go with the old trick of a strip of thumbtacks under the door handle, leaving a small spot for a finger to get under there safely

Protip if you really, really hate someone - paint stripper under the door handle is not a nice thing to grab hold of

Speaking of parking, got 3 parking tickets in November (only finding out about them a few weeks ago because they had flown or were removed from the car) when parking at Essendon Airport long term. I called up the council saying I have receipts, why was I fined so many times? they said "we have photos here of your car with no ticket displayed" "that's because it's a ticketless parking system in the long term area!" goddamn inspectors are muppets. They must have fined every person in the car park.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2018 at 9:13 PM, HEKT1K said:

They’re probably reading this thread and are now anticipating the thumb tacks

Hopefully they also anticipate me choking them out so I don't have to go to jail