SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

16 hours ago, Birds said:

Pretty decent growth suburb - 11% from memory.

Vacant land is practically non existent and old houses are being snatched up for current and future subdivision. Fountain Gate is a massive draw card, as is the Monash cutting through the suburb.

Will be what Rowville is now in about 5-7 years.

Especially with Cranbourne filling out farmland with estates left right and centre - would not want to live down there with insane congestion on the way. Much needed freeways down there.

Berwick and Endeavoir Hills have also gone nuts. As the more established and gentrified suburbs, they're boosted by Narre's growth the same way Narre is by Cranbourne and Clyde.

Everytime i drive down the Monash cranbourne way, its like everyone wants to hog the right hand lane and won't move over.

2 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

Everytime i drive down the Monash cranbourne way, its like everyone wants to hog the right hand lane and won't move over.

Freeway courtesy doesn't exist across the whole of Melbourne I find, let alone expect it from the idiots down that way

It's sad when I smile and say good driver when someone does move over to the left for me

6 minutes ago, Birds said:

Freeway courtesy doesn't exist across the whole of Melbourne I find, let alone expect it from the idiots down that way

It's sad when I smile and say good driver when someone does move over to the left for me

Yeah courteous on sections where it is not 'above' 80 on the freeway.

But by law they need to move over if its above 80 on a multi lane road. Yet most of the time they get angry and give you the dirties if you're trying to tell them to get out of the way.

lol, thought the same thing when I popped off a turbo outlet hose on the F6 on a really hot day, on a hard shift from 1st to 2nd it just went bang and a puff of something came out the bonnet...

Only a 2 minute fix, but 30 seconds of "oh shiiiii"... Didn't run like crap because of the MAP either, so didn't pick it as a pipe at first.

31 days till settlement, shiz getting real now.

AFM feels here

Took second to 110 against a CLA45 and it popped on the change into third. Speed was dying fast, fortunately just around the corner from work. Trying to change into his lane behind him to make my turnoff; the guy was trying to speed match me for a rolling drag...f**k off man I need all the momentum I can save to roll into work!

19 hours ago, TiTAN said:

Only 5000 more jobs to go over the next 2.5 years, that won't hurt productivity at all.

It's mostly just media spin...

6000 jobs over 3 years with 2000 new jobs = 4000 net
we have natural attrition rates of circa 3000 per year so it's not the mood killer you would think.

There's a lot of old timer's that want to take packages too, so they are pretty quick to put their hands up

Whats a fair amount of compensation $$ to ask for when the owner of our place is selling, all the annoying inspections and photographing, auction etc. that needs to be done. Looking like at least 2 inspections a week which means cleaning, putting valuables away, moving dog off site etc. 

I asked for a month off rent and they came back with $20 an inspection lol..

Edited by UNR33L

I think you're legally entitled to SFA

Part of rental agreement and/or tenancy from memory, though there's likely some info on the tenants union website about what counts as reasonable

• Like 1

with current renting laws you are owed nothing..oh and if it's annoying you cannot break the lease..

realistically the only bit you can negotiate on is the photographer.. and then they just use the last time it was leased instead.

basiclly current renting laws put all the power in the owner and nothing to the renter.

https://www.tuv.org.au/advice/your-landlord-is-selling/

I figured as much, but if you gonna take 2-3 hours a week of my time I want some compensation.

I guess if we don't come to an agreement I can always passively aggressively leave dishes out on the bench tops :P and make the agent deal with the mess

Leave the dog out the back to bark at everyone. 

It's especially annoying considering we only moved in October, at least we have a fixed 12 month lease which they can't break if new owner wants to move in straight away they cant. 

Edited by UNR33L

Lol @ wanting one month free rent

I can't even get telstra to give me compensation for a month bill when I didn't have Internet for like 10 days of a month.
Finally got my drop puts sorted after +3 months of wasting my time. NBN finally came out and found a shit install of the NBN box outside the house. Now no dramas... Only cost hundreds of dollars in extra mobile data and huge inconvenience to me. Already ordered internode to take over.