SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

46 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Lol @ wanting one month free rent

I can't even get telstra to give me compensation for a month bill when I didn't have Internet for like 10 days of a month.
Finally got my drop puts sorted after +3 months of wasting my time. NBN finally came out and found a shit install of the NBN box outside the house. Now no dramas... Only cost hundreds of dollars in extra mobile data and huge inconvenience to me. Already ordered internode to take over.

Didn't expect them to accept it but at least I aimed high :P as if my time aint worth shit. 

NBN is a joke, easy to get compensated for just raise a TIO complaint and you'll be reimbursed or have discounted bills within two weeks we do it with a heap of our customers for speed, dropouts etc. 

I'm getting record speeds at my place of 3mbps at best (gayDSL), on the bright side I tend to go outdoors more now. Should also be a law to lay fiber at any new property establishment instead of continuing to run copper.. 1950 called and wants its tech back. 

Edited by UNR33L

2 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Internode don't do unmetered Steam anymore emoji20.png all the bishojo

I do notice the unusual indie games you frequent on that game distribution service

19 hours ago, Birds said:

I do notice the unusual indie games you frequent on that game distribution service

Its important to be ahead of the curve with indie games, before they get popular.

I would shop more on GoG.com but then no one would see my achievements, so like, whats the point.

9 hours ago, emts said:

i'm with my republic NBN, Highest speed tier, unlimited everything 70$ a month

working nicely for me.

Oh god no, those guys are terrible 

Had to take a TIO complaint against them to get out of contract at the Mrs old rental.. customer service is non existent so hopefully you dont have issues 

Luckily NBNCo has started providing discounted CVC pricing to ISP's who can prove that they are not oversubscribing CVC bandwidth for the customers (since it is NBNCo who cops the blame if the network appears slow because of an ISP decision to skimp).

It's all about contention ratios these days... and how quickly they'll escalate to nbnco if there is any physical problem with the nbnco section.

One customer with an ISP might get amazing speeds since everyone in their area doesn't use the Net much so there is a heap of bandwidth available... They can make a recommendation to their friend, who lives in a different area and they sign up to horrible speeds because the ISP hasn't purchased enough CVC capacity in the second area.

Certain ISP's have actually stopped signing up customers in some areas, since they can't guarentee them 100% perfect speeds (as it takes much less time to provision a customer (days) than it does to provision more CVC capacity from NBNCo (months)

4 hours ago, UNR33L said:

Oh god no, those guys are terrible 

Had to take a TIO complaint against them to get out of contract at the Mrs old rental.. customer service is non existent so hopefully you dont have issues 

seriously...who in IT calls support....

think I called optus twice in the 12 years at previous place, that was to get them to upgrade to free hardware.

NBN mange all the crap, ISP are just a interface to them

with NBN it's more does your provider have enough bandwidth, if not change on next renewal.

now i'm not locked into hardware I'm planning on being such a broad minded person with ISP's

12 hours ago, emts said:

seriously...who in IT calls support....

think I called optus twice in the 12 years at previous place, that was to get them to upgrade to free hardware.

NBN mange all the crap, ISP are just a interface to them

with NBN it's more does your provider have enough bandwidth, if not change on next renewal.

now i'm not locked into hardware I'm planning on being such a broad minded person with ISP's

you can only control up to the end of your own network.. what am I meant to do hack their equipment to try and fix their end? run a new cable down to the exchange myself & break in? :P 

i know myrepublic would be fine in most cases, or any ISP really but the problem I had was a serious issue, and then every time you have to contact them waiting for 1 hour 30 minutes on HOLD to even get a hold of person #1 to begin with, at least with Telstra I know I can call and get someone within <10mins. Like I was seriously having to put my phone on charge because they would take that long to pick up the phone. 

anyone EVENTUALLY TIO kicked their ass enough for us to break contract. 

Edited by UNR33L

but in the day of NBN it's not their gear, it's NBN, the end of the day all NBN re sellers are on same equipment, so it's literally just support and data allowance/speed.

when ISP's had their own gear yes it made a big difference, but now, not so much.

ISDNlinesaustralia

We had a dual isdn connection provided by dad's work back in the late 90s or early 00s so he could do network admin stuff from home.

Dat sweet 128k before broadband was a thing people had. My current boss started an ISP so he could offset the cost of having a t1 line installed in his parents house back in the dial up days.