SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

36 minutes ago, joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo said:

Didn't go hard enough

Would like a free rental out of them

If they don't come to the table they will cop the unhinged abuse and a 1 star google review that will surely destroy their business model

Yep, you need to give them time to get quotes and charge your card first...

I've noticed a few times that airport pickups are from undercover, but dropoffs are more often out in the sunlight... Much easier to see scratches and stuff in the sunlight, so you do miss a lot of things during the pickup inspection.

In Thailand we got some nice new scooters for a few days, only 1000km on them, we made the biggest show of taking dozens of photos of each one. They didnt try anything when we returned them...

To be fair, Eric didn't wait my mandated 24 hours before sending me a letter of liability or deliver on my requirement for pure Cambodian breast milk to accompany bullshit that comes my way; if they don't play by my rules I won't play by theirs.

13 minutes ago, Odium said:

Yep, you need to give them time to get quotes and charge your card first...

I've noticed a few times that airport pickups are from undercover, but dropoffs are more often out in the sunlight... Much easier to see scratches and stuff in the sunlight, so you do miss a lot of things during the pickup inspection.

In Thailand we got some nice new scooters for a few days, only 1000km on them, we made the biggest show of taking dozens of photos of each one. They didnt try anything when we returned them...

We were silly and didn't take photos when hiring jetskis in Bali...lucky we had decent, genuine guys who seemed happy we were having such a blast. Might have helped we bought other shit from them and that they were close to a hotel so semi-official. I've heard if you book through a hotel you're a bit less likely to get ripped off.

1 hour ago, blah_blah said:

Post scenario and photos on their FB page.

Get likes and shares and shitstrom erupts.

Get a free R33 rental for at least 5 years.

Their Facebook is a litany of similar complaints and templates apologies from them promising to follow up with the appropriate branch - my guess is they couldn't give a shit about one more

This is lulzworthy though

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/inner-south/viral-video-shames-south-melbourne-thrifty-car-rental-over-fuel-fight/news-story/04e7db536220889096e1f572d29f10c9

LOL

Wasteland providing the goods it's like the ye old times. 

Birds definitely blast it on their FB that's complete BS.. I'll remember to take photos of any rental now.. never done it in the past, noob mistake obviously!  

88E jumps 17% and closes 3.5 cents after being so stable for the last couple months...something brewing? We are approaching well re-opening date...

Did say to buy in when it was 1.8 cents, for the inevitable climb before the well opens again!