SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Do EFRs have much chop? I remember there being a war going on between the two in the forced induction section not long ago. At this stage though I just wanna get up and running with an induction system that is easy and reliable.

You went to the effort of getting decent twins? Just use them... Can swap later when/if something goes wrong or get bored. Focus on getting build done IMO

Ive stopped watching mighty car mods, they seemed to have got more annoying and "meta" than before. I shhould watch this 240 build, but theres so many more better edited actual tv shows in america now... And even though reality tv shits me to no end, at least theyre structured and cut the annoying stuff. I dunno, i just think its getting old.

The car came with the twins

It cost 11k and came with pfc, tein edfc,, greddy profec B, hks gt-ss + dumps, nismo 740cc, oil cooler, BBS LMs, plus a KENWOOD SUBWOOFER...

Been one of the best investments of my life hence my nonchalance for it to sit there and appreciate while someone effectively stores it for me...lock up car storage costs more than rego and insurance

• Like 1

Keeping the -9s, for standardish appearance.
Though the latest Garrett singles look pretty farkin good performance wise

All the torque. Be like the gtst but more of it everywhere and the traction to use it.

10 minutes ago, TiTAN said:

All the torque. Be like the gtst but more of it everywhere and the traction to use it.

Honestly a similar response but more power and more grip version of my GTS-T would be amazing

Still over the moon with how the GTS-T performs. Could probably do with another 20-30rwkw just to get a little more edge over some of the faster euros - if you don't have perfect launch or changes the CLA45 will get you. But also cbf buying the tyres to support it.

Do EFRs have much chop? I remember there being a war going on between the two in the forced induction section not long ago. At this stage though I just wanna get up and running with an induction system that is easy and reliable.

Best person to ask would be Greg, admittedly he had older Garrett.

Worth ask him for his 2 cents?

You don't need the GTR. A setup GTT/GTST will do what you want before lag becomes too big of an obstacle.

GTR is only worth having if you have 600kw and that's entirely different animal when it comes to keeping it running and paying for it to get going to begin with.

IMO.

Source: Drove a Racepace 2.8 R33 gtr with 400kw, Legitimately preferred mine. You do notice the difference back to back, not to mention the likely 100K cost of this particular car.

The only thing you can't really do is 8k launches. Birds is known to do this to beat Merc A45's so his mileage may vary.

• Like 1

My 3L and gt35 combo was pretty useless below 100km/h unless you made the boost controller ramp slowly into max boost at 5500 instead of 3500-4000, then you had a chance to keep traction in 2nd on warm semis, was still no good off the line.

Thing I found with my GS was no matter what tyres or power you have, RWD and shitty Melbourne weather means you never get the chance to use it off the line, even if the roads are just damp forget it. 

The odd chance of a dry day, you line up and have had no chance to warm tyres anyway so you'll still be in spin city. 

Those sweet times it hooked up though.. rape train would hit hard not much would touch it 

The STI is good in all weather obviously, which is a welcomed change.. the FPV felt sketchy as soon as it rained :D STI will probably go flex fuel soon for that cheap power increase it needs 

Edited by UNR33L

Just get some Nos for cheap power increase.

2 of the big ones

Worked briefly with a Russian engineer who has been here for under 5 years. Got a young daughter who was born here, looking to buy a house.

$130k deposit, wants to borrow $800k and bank doesnt want to give it to them. His wife isnt working, taking care of bubs. He is frustrated with lack of first home buyers support and the cost of stamp duty (which apparently has been adjusted in 30years etc.

My first thought was: thas a lot of money, especially for single income couple with dependant.

Secondly: why da f**k should they get first home buyers grant? Skilled worker, decent wage, immigrant. A LOT of people fit that category. I would have thought if/when there was such a grant in place, it would be for citizens or natives/torres only.

Have you seen the way I drive? I've got a heavy foot, I'll blow myself to pieces. 

PARTS, PIECES, my head went that way and my legs went that way.

• Like 2

Drove past a nice 3 garaged house which looked nice (but not too nice) in Wantirna South the other day that had a sold sticker on it.. thought i'd look it up. 

1.5mill 

nope, cant afford it! 

so that 1.5 mill would get you, split level house on 27 acres with water frontage and spetacular views along with a shed for your bikes

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-darraweit+guim-126696346

Or for the price of a unit

8 car parks:
https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-beveridge-127785114

Crappy house there or

5 cars man cave, valley views and a pool.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-hidden+valley-127880962

10 car space, multiple sheds, golf course view on a full acre so no annoying neighbors

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-wallan-127985162

All these within 1 hour of CBD even in peak hour (I drive past them on my way in) even less to airport

On 5/18/2018 at 12:49 PM, Birds said:

Don't do it without a real estate agent

Not hard to change agents, particularly if you have an existing tenant happy to sign on again

Or change property manager, well my one was likely fired because she was dodgey as hell!

15 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

You don't need the GTR. A setup GTT/GTST will do what you want before lag becomes too big of an obstacle.

GTR is only worth having if you have 600kw and that's entirely different animal when it comes to keeping it running and paying for it to get going to begin with.

IMO.

Source: Drove a Racepace 2.8 R33 gtr with 400kw, Legitimately preferred mine. You do notice the difference back to back, not to mention the likely 100K cost of this particular car.

The only thing you can't really do is 8k launches. Birds is known to do this to beat Merc A45's so his mileage may vary.

This doesn't make sense to me. Preference is preference but, all things equal in terms of power, a GTS-T will never hook up as good or as fast as a GTR at the 400kw atw mark and if it does it's because you're running warm slicks on a lovely dry road and you've put a ton of effort into your setup (like Luke's), or you simply don't have that much power. Post-launch it's a different ballgame, AWD starts to rob you of power, but it's never enough to negate the awesome launch...the quarter mile times don't lie and there's a reason people burn money on GTRs instead of the cheaper GTS-Ts even below 600.

This AWD means I can have a 500cc increase over my GTS-T, another 125kw atw and produce essentially similar response but with even better grip. That's the goal here. Everyone shoots for big power in GTRs and utilising the last 3500rpm of an 8000rpm of powerband. f**k that. Looking forward to the response.

P.S. The ideal launch in my GTS-T does not have a number given the tacho doesn't work...I now have to do this by feel ?

10 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Just get some Nos for cheap power increase.

2 of the big ones

Worked briefly with a Russian engineer who has been here for under 5 years. Got a young daughter who was born here, looking to buy a house.

$130k deposit, wants to borrow $800k and bank doesnt want to give it to them. His wife isnt working, taking care of bubs. He is frustrated with lack of first home buyers support and the cost of stamp duty (which apparently has been adjusted in 30years etc.

My first thought was: thas a lot of money, especially for single income couple with dependant.

Secondly: why da f**k should they get first home buyers grant? Skilled worker, decent wage, immigrant. A LOT of people fit that category. I would have thought if/when there was such a grant in place, it would be for citizens or natives/torres only.

People of all incomes complain about what they don't get, perhaps not understanding the purpose of the grant. Probably a lot of people wondering why people who drop 600k on a place benefit from the scheme too. Actually, isn't it up to 750 now?

If you can willingly drop 800k on a house, you probably don't need the grant. If he was smart he'd go for something below the grant cut off and then sell it in a year for profits.