SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

56 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

You barely mod your soobaroo, with $10k and nos, you could earn your Mrs respect

True, my cars "Build" usually consist of intake,exhaust,tune,rims,coilovers job done. 

Too poor (sensible?) for anything else. You should put a big APR wang on the Gloria, f**k the haters. 

Edited by UNR33L

Can confirm living in Glen Waverley, hondas and other P plate cars (86's oh god 86's everywhere) still around droning everywhere which makes me happy.

You'd have to expect HWY to be dominated by XR6T's, I mean think about it it's a cheap readily available 4L turbo which is pretty terrible at anything that isn't pulls from 80kmh. Not going to find one of them at the top of a mountain of your choice.

21 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Yeah it's pretty sad prinny is fords day and night. Nothing interesting anymore. Don't even hear hondas at night near Wellington/stud rd

Still hear the odd RB though haha

On 11/14/2018 at 7:51 AM, Kinkstaah said:

Can confirm living in Glen Waverley, hondas and other P plate cars (86's oh god 86's everywhere) still around droning everywhere which makes me happy.

You'd have to expect HWY to be dominated by XR6T's, I mean think about it it's a cheap readily available 4L turbo which is pretty terrible at anything that isn't pulls from 80kmh. Not going to find one of them at the top of a mountain of your choice.

It's pretty much a competition of who's spent the most money at their tuner. Like a one-make series of racing, I don't see the point of interest - unless it's all about the driving, which it isn't - cause let's face it, they've taken as much skill and variance out of the equation as possible with only rolling drags and fast shift auto boxes. Off the line is the one instance the Skyline could stay on par because their ling longs can't grip up and good tyres aren't included as part of stage 4 at horsepower factory or whatever the dominant south east Aussie tuner is these days. It's playing in their bullpen - a RWD Skyline ain't the best choice for drags; I do well against most production cars and am constantly impressed by how well the old girl holds up. But in the modified scene, looking at how much Luke put in his GTS-T to knock on times that P platers are getting in turbo engine swapped Falcons...it's certainly humbling/boring.

The one thing I'll give them is that unlike most of my experiences with imports over the years, the Aussie sedans tend to acknowledge you win or lose. Versus that straight ahead stare pretending they don't have side windows...

Actualy I have to admit that, as much as I wanted to hang s*** on the Commodores or Falcons, if they got surprised by a 450kw auto 4 door sedan there were ALWAYS massive thumbs up out the sides of windows and such, on the rare occasion this occured on a private road etc.

But yeah, Prinny is literally made for XR6T's.

But in the modified scene, looking at how much Luke put in his GTS-T to knock on times that P platers are getting in turbo engine swapped Falcons...it's certainly humbling/boring.

What?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Geelong Revival Festival (brought to you by Jaguar) on Saturday for a bit, was an alright show. Not as big as i remember from a few years ago.

The drag strip commentators were about 60 years old and weren't expecting a Ford Territory and a Jeep Cherokee to make top 5 spots.

Also, @emts. Got a spam email the other day that claimed to have hacked my "account" and the title of the email had an older password i use for single-use accounts on websites i dont use regularly. So they've used a keystroke tracker thingy but obviously havent hacked or accessed anything. Should I do anything? My email accounts dont use this password so I dont know how it got tracked to my main email, when I have a spam email address for all those sorts of websites/accounts.

Basically a site you used to use has been hacked. Very common

if you don’t use that password on other sites then all good

using a password manager that creates a random one is also a good idea 

Try punching your email addresses in here to see which it prob was

(try old addresses as well)

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

• Like 1

So looking to my past payslips... Boss used to issue all my leave (20 days) in july, start of new financial year. Now it's changed to a gradual increase monthly system. But he hasn't said anything.

Is the bulk leave thing good business practice? I never really took leave and I can never make sense of some of my payslips, so just haven't really noticed.