SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

On 1/5/2019 at 10:55 AM, Spressy said:

people steal cars at events now?

Nah a while ago there was a R34 Meet, and they got very precious about it.

when a few other people said they might come along the organizer stated they were going to have Private security to make sure only R34 GTR's were allowed in the car park.

it's a "long" running joke now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emts said:

Nah a while ago there was a R34 Meet, and they got very precious about it.

when a few other people said they might come along the organizer stated they were going to have Private security to make sure only R34 GTR's were allowed in the car park.

it's a "long" running joke now.

hahaha sounds like an idea the "leet" crowd would entertain in their minds... thanks for the explanation

So@emts how did your Mrs deal with you being away all the time? Did you manage to keep up with house maintenance etc?

Looks like I'll be working rural for majority of this year (again)

Planning on moving house in a few months too. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the cars... Gloria is reliable and cruisey, drove it for around 4 days over the holidays. Was good. I don't want to give up on the pulsar but I keep paying rego and cbf/not enough time to tinker with it and diagnose. Even getting it taken to workshops to be fixed is a huge hassle. If I chuck it into storage and stop paying rego, it'll never get RWC, even if eligible for club reg. I could do ultimate dodgy and swap VIN's etc and there seems to be lots of illegal import cars floating around (civics/legacys/integras) but probably won't end well.

Just sell it, no point throwing away rego money / insurance if youre not using it. You've got another cool car anyway.

1.26 for bp98 today fuark. Mirin.

Edited by UNR33L

Not selling pulsar, I ain't gonna quit on it. Got too many goodies and good pulsars are already hard to find, let alone in the future. Its a great car, it just doesn't get the time and effort it deserves.

I want to "finish" the gloria, just need some wheel work and suspension arms.

I just had an account with jim's, so they came and took care of everything.

it's hard now with so much to do, but slowly rolling out automated watering with new plants.

the mowing is killing me, need to get a small tractor I think, it's just too much for a domestic ride on.

anyhow best get back to complaining about the cold weather.

M

On 1/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, emts said:

it's hard now with so much to do, but slowly rolling out automated watering with new plants.

the mowing is killing me, need to get a small tractor I think, it's just too much for a domestic ride on.

This has always put me off owning big bits of land.

Everyone just says "get cattle" like they grow on trees and dont cause more issues. mo livestock, mo problems

On 1/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, Leroy Peterson said:

Everyone just says "get cattle" like they grow on trees and dont cause more issues. mo livestock, mo problems

Get goats

11 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Maybe. They still get sick? And eat clothing?

Don't know, maybe don't leave any tailored suits out in the paddocks and you should be right. As for sickness, I can only say she'll be right.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, Leroy Peterson said:

Get concrete

• Like 1

Seems I should check my commonwealth bank savings account interest rate more often.... 0.5%? what a fuggen joke.
so moving savings (that isnt going into shares) to bankwest (which is owned by commonwealth) for 2.6%. Good times.

I presume that's just an introductory rate or similar? 2.6% is trem deposit rates.

I presume that's just an introductory rate or similar? 2.6% is trem deposit rates.

Nope, as long as I deposit at least $200 a month and make no withdraws. If neither conditions are met it defaults to 0.01%, but can be brought back to 2.6% if conditions are met the next month. Calculated daily.

https://www.bankwest.com.au/personal/savings-accounts/hero