SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

I have a 6x4 trailer you can live in, uses rainwater for the shower but you can only shower when it rains.
Rolls on some pretty sick 15" steelies and will fit in a 2 car lockable garage if that helps?

On 1/21/2019 at 10:56 PM, krzysiu said:

Well we’ll well, how have you f**kers been? Can see you still here birds and dezz ??

On 1/20/2019 at 4:21 PM, dezz said:

f**k 88E

haha both of you still around here.... even you guys must be getting age'd by now

On 2/12/2019 at 2:32 PM, Leroy Peterson said:

So Unreel moving house again... Flogging off the bike too, dayum.

What's the goss?

I'm looking for a new rental soon, could be good timing as there seems to be lots of people with empty houses asking too much at the moment.

Requirements are: within 1hr public transport from Melb Central or Royal Children's Hospital, min. 2-car lockable garage, min 2 car driveway, min 2 bedrm, easy access to freeways, isn't west side.

There's a few suburbs that are options but being so spread out makes it hard to search...

The goss is moving back home (Wantirna) with the Mrs because they're selling the rental we're living in (not sold yet, but we're sick of their shit, 3rd time they've tried to sell it now) the idea is to save a nice sized deposit and within 12 months get a place for ourselves. We'll have decent amount of space at the parents and they go away a lot anyway since they're retired.

Most stuff will be in storage until then, sold the race bike and trailer because of storage & lots of supermoto tracks closed down. Really just Broadford left to ride, meh. Looking at getting a road bike again. 

Our Vermont rental matches your criteria, think they're after ~800k approx 3 bedroom townhouse with double garage. Will be available from April ? 

Edited by UNR33L

15 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

I'm not looking to buy... I'm still saving and Mrs doesn't earn enough to save a deposit...

Good luck with the move.
Also lol @ saving for deposit in 12 months plus buying road bike. You doing cashies with dezz or something?

I'm telling the Mrs selling the dirt bike and trailer covered it ? 

Not doing cashies, just don't have hex debt or a car loan! :D 

Similar situation with mine, she earns decent coin but just struggles to save (as above) 

Edited by UNR33L

1 hour ago, Leroy Peterson said:

I don't have hex debt or car loan except VicRoads and Shannon's are like loan sharks making me an offer I can't refuse...

Dat $50k annual scientist wage - $75 a week parking - $4000year hex

Mine did science degree too, must of been the thing to do in ~2010. She's working in the industry but more or less just doing management / operations admin, not exactly related to the neuroscience major. 

All her other younger siblings have gone down dat dere teacher path, get dat dere baller wage $$

50k wage would mean she doesn't need to pay it back yet though? 

Edited by UNR33L

She recently got a payrise and every cent of it went to hex or she gets footed a bill for the same amount at tax time.

Luckily hex is only $12k or something.
Salary packages $600 a fortnite onto a debit card for some tax dodge and that's about it.
She is working in a lab doing science stuff which is good, you stop doing things related to science and I think you drift away from the field eventually.

Teaching is where it's at for $$$ these days
Leesh be killin dezz in the overpaid union stakes; don't even have to block off city streets

She has to deal with kids though. Dezz only has to deal with childish adults.
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 12:56 PM, UNR33L said:

You sold your place? 

Renting it out

On 2/15/2019 at 11:11 PM, Birds said:

Teaching is where it's at for $$$ these days

Leesh be killin dezz in the overpaid union stakes; don't even have to block off city streets

I'm doing alright

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 6:26 AM, emts said:

yeh but that's like $300 / hour when you take into account the 9am-3pm days with 10 weeks holiday 

<insert trollface.jpg> 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2019 at 2:46 PM, UNR33L said:

yeh but that's like $300 / hour when you take into account the 9am-3pm days with 10 weeks holiday 

<insert trollface.jpg> 

actually...
52 -10 weeks = 42 weeks
5 days a week
6 hour day
110ish K max salary

88$ an hour even with those stats...

300 an hour.....

378K....and yes I would switch for that.

well if you could get rid of the kids.