SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Well I have to agree with TA on that one... a Royal Commission may be a waste of coin as we all know nothing will change but some of the bigger unions are corrupt as all f**k. Just because they force people to pay you more doesn't actually make them legit lol.

On the other hand if you were simply going for the whole pot calling the kettle black thing, then I agree 100%

• Like 1

Fast torago or similar at the drags is cool. Budget FWD CRV turbo is a bit head scratching.

At least those turbo Rav4's launch hard.

Semi related, looked into a new luxo model torago at the dealership (was just walking past, not considering) and was very surprised to see it only had 4 seats that were like f**king armchairs! Very El Grande

When I was in America we were cruising around in a Chrysler Town and Country, 2000mi on the clock and luxo spec.

The back seats were full on leather versions of the Goldclass seats. Sleeping wasn't too tricky at all

Braking and Cornering on the other hand...

When I was in America we were cruising around in a Chrysler Town and Country, 2000mi on the clock and luxo spec.

The back seats were full on leather versions of the Goldclass seats. Sleeping wasn't too tricky at all

Braking and Cornering on the other hand...

But ALL American cars don't corner or stop. I know because Clarkson told me

• Like 1

Set fire to the brakes in a '10 camero in nappa valley a few yeas back.

had a '09 mustang convertible year b4 that and never had a car with worse build quality/panel gaps/so little power from so much engine

'12 charger...yeah that did not turn, felt like so many turns of the wheel to to anything and had milk bottle tops from brake rotors.

so yeah I'm going to agree with him

oh forgot the 14 dodge Journey, just google a pic and yes it drove like it looks...good boot space tho

ummm yes please

11930929_1455393558102064_62183079582115

new electric go karts opening in western suburbs

http://www.hivoltagekarts.com.au/karts/

my experience with electric go karts was far from promising

we had a large group (work trip) so were using all the karts and were in a 6 race format 2 groups with 2 qualifications then looser final and our final.

by the 2 finals random karts were just slowing down as could not keep up the charge.

sure they swapped you into a new one but ppl lost heaps of spots,

so for a longer session or for busy days give me petrol any day of the week.

(that said when working instant torque was great made being a larger person good as more grip and go faster)

I think Ford Au did the right thing.

the turbo 4 is a good entry model, and def not for everyone

the V8 is classic

the V6 they used in the stangs was such a boat anchor.

when I hired it I was thinking, it a 4L 6 with a live axle, ok it will handle like my Ute.

not even close, there just seemed to be no power, the ride quality was shocking and went though some juice for that, (stereo was great tho) you can see how it was being built down to a 20K entry price in USA

I dunno man... I know plenty of sub 3.0 cars that hammer lol

no-one here would disagree..

but if you buying a "muscle car" you would want the v8, short of forced induction I'm sure the 4 will be quicker, cheaper, lighter and better handling...I would still get the 8 tho.

sometimes it's emotion rather than brains that makes the final call.

5.0L v8 303kw 525nM 13.1L/100km
2.3L t4 233kw 432nM 8.5L/100km

54% more capacity
23% more power

17% more torque
35% higher minimum fuel consumption

Hmmmm... the turbo 4 doesn't actually look too bad when you compare them. Still not a v8 though... wonder what's going to happen if you up the boost by a few psi though.
Probably match the power and torque of the v8 for $500 worth of boost controller and a flash tune.

The turbo has more budget tuning potential IMO. I see 4k into the turbo getting you near on 300rwkw+ and not a great deal worse economy. Wonder how strong the engine is, though?

I see the same thing spent on the V8 getting you 300rwkw, awful economy and shitty drivability. If you have 10-15 to throw at an engine, then that thing with a supercharger or turbo would be the way to go.

I think for a few years the turbo models will suffer the fate of 86s - being low cost / entry level new cars with warranties, people won't want to modify them to extremity for a few years, save for the tuning houses and dedicated track/drags people.

the turbo is cheaper too, they all look cool but yeah i wouldn't help but feel like ive downgraded to a 5.0l non supercharged engine..

they might suffer from gt86 syndrome and be very common!

next car for me = wrx i reckon, like them but too bad no towbar capability.. also unsure on actually how much better fuel consumption i'd get given that i'd probably flat foot it everywhere. Mine gets about 15/100 atm

Edited by UNR33L