SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Add the fact that the RHD Mustang has 6kw less in the top end than the LDH Mustang because they had to re-design the exhaust headers to clear the steering rack on the "wrong side" of the engine...

I can see this being a hurdle to overcome if they're introducing a restriction in stock form, it's definately going to have to be the first thing to be replaced if you're aiming for more power. But, if the OEM couldn't do it without a power drop because there was no space in the bay, it'll be interesting to see what aftermarket parts come out to solve the issue.

Funnily enough the aussie 5.0 has some of the best oem headers going around.. proven after market replacements make absolutely no difference to power and the stock ones can hold what ever you throw at them

the cats are awesome too :D

2011_fpv_miami_reveal_010-4c7e90ee62016-

Edited by UNR33L

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Cima-2001/SSE-AD-3573652/?Cr=1

price is pretty steep, but pwoah that mode parfume kit is friggin pimp. gives that big grille look.

apparently theres no GF50 presidents in Aus. Iron Chef has paperwork ready to go, first person just has to be prepared to wait 12months for red tape. ill be super jealous of anyone who gets one... theyre still not cheap in japan though. especially a 4-seater with almost 1 meter of rear legroom *sigh*

Now would not be a good time to get your motor done

Engine builder is going away for ~4 weeks

Dw toby, already talked to mike haha. But actually lines up perfectly with my timing (Y)

yeah, very happy.

but best to remove motor elsewhere and give it to them.

and of course, dont give them a motor and not know what you want.

and also name dropping myself, greg or toby will help.

No need for name dropping, know builder well enough through Uncle Toby.

Are they not the greatest with taking out motors haha. Will be giving them a short block anyways

Did mine fine frankly, was very impressed by how they removed and installed shit.

If you give them enough space and trust them, they come up with some really good shit. I.e, engineering a flex plate from nothing for an Automatic transmission to 'make it work' which was pretty f**king beyond anything you'd expect from an engine shop.

I called MV< who had made a R34 flexplate in the past who flat out said "nah mate not again nope" and there was no one else to call to get one made. So they made one. Well, too.

Before and after with the same engine and same setup was night and day.

10/10 would recommend even though my engine build was a five figure number and I supplied all the parts.

I namedrop leeroy everywhere as standard practice.

PM me for membership card

team_leroy_card-r338f7469129246aab8b5414

Busted my balls to get the pulsar to engine shop on the weekend because it was needed "urgently", i've been at the shop every day this week to help out and its been shelved until a commodore timing chain is done :rolleyes:

i know he's busy by himself, but all I need is the hoist, and some help to get the motor in and then I can do everything else unassisted. meanwhile im babysitting a german paperweight in my garage until the pulsar is done.

As busy as Barry is/was, he managed to get my GTS-T in there on the spot, put on some Tiesto beats and we both got to work on it just to get it out of the way.

Come to think of it, things like that might be why he takes so long to do engines lol

Wish all workshops were like that, but OH&S and all that jazz...

Wish all workshops were like that, but OH&S and all that jazz...

im mindful of that, but its not an issue.

the motor has been ready for many months, waiting for a space in the workshop, i get told to bring the car ASAP and swap with a junked car in their shop... and now how long is it going to sit there? its not like theyre doing it as a favour for me, yet im doing favours for them and offering to do what I can to help.

/rant. frustrated. in a few weeks the motor will have been there for 12 months.