SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

I heard the cylinder walls are too close together / thin as well and crack over time on the RS as it runs higher boost than the Mustang  engines

Edited by UNR33L

Went and inspected a Honda Jazz for the Mrs last night at 5pm. Said I was interested, just needed to discuss details with her etc. Emailed 12pm today saying I will come this afternoon and put a deposit down and it's sold.... Too slow junior. Shits me, but what can you do.

5 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Holy shit jalopnik on mobile is the worst website I've ever been to.

You must be viewing SAU from a computer

• Haha 2

On 4/4/2018 at 7:11 AM, Leroy Peterson said:

You would think this issue would be noticed fairly quickly and then recalled or at worst, only affected a few months production. Surely ford are on top of it now...

They're still getting their heads around it

Sorry it's a day or two late

• Like 1

Ended up cancelling my shitty ADSL at new rental place (NBN 6-9 months away but wouldn't be surprised if it actually is 1-2 years) bought a 200GB data sim from Optus for $70 month no contract

Before: 3 download / 1 upload mbps PING: 20ms-ISH

After: 25 download / 6 upload mbps PING: 30ms-ish 

The only down side is 200GB limit vs unlimited data.. which is pointless anyway with such shit speeds. 

tl;dr if you have shitty ADSL go get a Optus 4G sim and wack it in a 4G modem 

Edited by UNR33L
  • Like 1

Well my house had NBN disconnected for 2 weeks while changing ISP. Good times.

NBN couldn't remotely do shit with the modem, so had to get a tech out. Then he'd done his work but something else happened (or slow response) and easter break hit. 3 days after holidays it was back on.

New router is shit though. Barely get signal on my phone to other side of house through like 3 walls. That's on 2.4Ghz because I disabled 5ghz, 5ghz supposed to be shorter range but will try it and see if signal improves.

9 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Well my house had NBN disconnected for 2 weeks while changing ISP. Good times.

NBN couldn't remotely do shit with the modem, so had to get a tech out. Then he'd done his work but something else happened (or slow response) and easter break hit. 3 days after holidays it was back on.

New router is shit though. Barely get signal on my phone to other side of house through like 3 walls. That's on 2.4Ghz because I disabled 5ghz, 5ghz supposed to be shorter range but will try it and see if signal improves.

Yeh 5ghz is a shorter range BUT more things use 2.4ghz so sometimes 5ghz is better to run on. Just try and test both out. Also pro tip: don't put modem near the microwave 

Edited by UNR33L

I need a new modem as well, the one my republic give you is so shit.

not had to buy one for years as been living off the modem that optus Cable used as they kept sending me new ones every few years and worked a treat.

what are good and bad these days? had a good run with netgear back when I used to buy them.

Netgear still seem to be pretty standard / decent 

Depends how crazy you want to go I guess, the Asus ones look good too 

I use a Sophos XG105w at home

Edited by UNR33L

Was checking out Unit prices where I bought 3-4 years ago (Clayton) now that I don't get around the area anymore, soo surprising what similar places are going for now :O tempting as to sell would easily be around 200k in the pocket after deducting the remaining mortgage & selling costs.. Considering it to then use as a deposit for building / buying our own 'proper', "forever" house.. but still like that it's a nest egg, I guess we could use the equity of it to borrow on? is that a stupid idea? 

I know a few people who've done it and loved it. But the cars are thrashed, if you care about things being mickey mouse.

I did the Mario kart thing and that was the most fun I have had in a looooong time. It's great value.

• Like 1