SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

On 4/9/2018 at 10:46 AM, UNR33L said:

Was checking out Unit prices where I bought 3-4 years ago (Clayton) now that I don't get around the area anymore, soo surprising what similar places are going for now  tempting as to sell would easily be around 200k in the pocket after deducting the remaining mortgage & selling costs.. Considering it to then use as a deposit for building / buying our own 'proper', "forever" house.. but still like that it's a nest egg, I guess we could use the equity of it to borrow on? is that a stupid idea? 

Glad we got into the market last year, home is increasing in value nearly faster than I earn...effectively getting priced out of the suburb. Have to buy in just to stay on the wave with the rest of the property market. Assuming no bubble bursting etc.

Land in the outer suburbs including Casey has increased by 39% in the last 12 months to a median of 392k for a block. Ridiculous.

Should see the property Leesh's parents just bought in Perth - brand new and about twice the size of our house, both the land and building size, for same cost.

Relatives just sold their house in Malvern East to move to a smaller place. I thought being modestly close to the city it would be worth a bit but wow is property expensive there.

19 hours ago, Birds said:

Land in the outer suburbs including Casey has increased by 39% in the last 12 months to a median of 392k for a block. Ridiculous.

Should see the property Leesh's parents just bought in Perth - brand new and about twice the size of our house, both the land and building size, for same cost.

Yeah makes it tempting to move state if you can find a decent enough F/T job and not care about leaving Melbourne behind.. could get a pimping place if you took a few hundred K with you. 

8 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Night. Less traffic and more... Surreal?

Malvern East is primo for overpriced houses.

Look at Dandenong/Hallam/Noble park etc as well.. once cheap and nasty.. now $$$. My mate just got a 3 bedroom townhouse for over 600k!

The rental I'm staying in Vermont 3 bedroom townhouse as well, they are selling it wanted 900+.. went to auction last Saturday, bidding started at 800k.. not one bid, now dealing with even more annoying opens. FML

Edited by UNR33L

In some ways I'm glad when they decided to sell the rental I was in they asked us to vacate...5 months longer would have been even better however

I think Dandenong is a good investment in future value because it's more inner than Narre, some parts shared with Rowville and Noble Park, but still suffers from being crime ridden and a lower sociodemographic that keep the prices down. Major business hub and large shopping plaza. For me it'd only be a question of time / when that image will shift. Could take another 7-10 years.

Another winner IMO is Carrum Downs - this was our suburb of choice until the Narre place popped up. 5ish minutes from beachside suburbs which have gone nuts...and depending where you buy in it, you're parked next to peninsula link and eastlink. Big old blocks of land that will one day be subdivided to the shit. They're getting snapped up.

My sister got a 2 bdr townhouse near the big Park in dandy for $540k I think. It's a nice place in a quiet and non-dodgy spot. But it's a small place with no grass.

Theres still so many sketchy dream boats in dandenong shopping centre... And I'm working in Hampton Park at the moment and no way would I live here. Theres like a house fire nearby every fortnight, an abandoned shopping centre right next to a new one, someone got shot 10 times in broad daylight across the road from where I'm working, sketchy people everywhere. And apparently it's still not as ghetto as northern suburbs (Dallas and surrounding suburbs)

#privileged #white #middleclass

Wouldn't live near the beach again. Grew up mentone/parkdale/edithvale. Traffic is getting worse and it's 20mins longer to drive anywhere compared to other outer city suburbs in the East. No room for new major roads or freeways. Getting rid of the level crossings will certainly improve things, but you always felt bad for not using the beach every week. And if you don't, then it's worth a 10-30mins drive to the beach anyway.

Just putting it out there - told ya'll to pick up 88E at 1.8 cents when it dropped on well close, on the basis of a ramp up before it opens again. 4.2 and counting...

Now the dilemma begins again: whether to sell before news drop which historically has resulted in drops/crashes, with the intention to buy back in lower...or hang on for the chance that the news drop is amazing.

88E artificial lift should yield decent results considering they tried the crazy thing of doing it without it... Farm out this year for conventional... I don't see any reason to sell tbh. I'm just waiting for taxman I guess. Most of my stuff is over 12 months old now, but still got a large packet from when it was 1.6c.
If it gets to 5-10c on a huge spike, I might sell a few with intention to buy back in lower. But at the moment I'm just chillin