SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Tis a sad state of affairs when people are vying for positions in pre schools.

Back in my day your parents just rocked up with you at...kinder...and they took you on the spot.

What's next, scholarships for toddlers?

We got Orlando into the preschool we wanted!

This is what I have to get excited about nowadays.

This, food and scotch

Tasty tasty scotch

Whats the benefit of this preschool compared to others?

Considering all you learn it to nap and play with lego's at this age?

Can i get some cliffs?

1500 deposit to get a home, (plus the first home buyers grant)

it cannot be that easy.

if we buy this one it is only to live in for 3-4 years whilst we find a plat and build the dream house. then rent it out.

basically instead of renting, so if I don't have to use my deposit means that free for when the right block of land comes up.

or am I massively over simplifying things

Tis a sad state of affairs when people are vying for positions in pre schools.

Back in my day your parents just rocked up with you at...kinder...and they took you on the spot.

What's next, scholarships for toddlers?

You can get assigned to the one near you etc... so that's still a thing

However the best one in our area (IMHO) is the one we got into... we are less than 1km out of the zone so it we are a second preference at best.

Probably helped that my Mum is a 40 year veteran kindergarten director and will be volunteering lol

Whats the benefit of this preschool compared to others?

Considering all you learn it to nap and play with lego's at this age?

They don'y sleep in preschool... well generally speaking.

This one is educational, has a small teacher/child ratio and gets LOADS of funding.

It also has animals, nice grassy areas and grows their own fruit/veggies etc.

Don't underestimate the importance of Kindergarten, this is the time their brains are developing the most of their whole lives, so you really don't want them somewhere they will be ignored / not stimulated / not enjoy it

it cannot be that easy.

if we buy this one it is only to live in for 3-4 years whilst we find a plat and build the dream house. then rent it out.

basically instead of renting, so if I don't have to use my deposit means that free for when the right block of land comes up.

Probably no catch, unless you need to get finance through them at a higher cost

You can get assigned to the one near you etc... so that's still a thing

However the best one in our area (IMHO) is the one we got into... we are less than 1km out of the zone so it we are a second preference at best.

Probably helped that my Mum is a 40 year veteran kindergarten director and will be volunteering lol

They don'y sleep in preschool... well generally speaking.

This one is educational, has a small teacher/child ratio and gets LOADS of funding.

It also has animals, nice grassy areas and grows their own fruit/veggies etc.

Don't underestimate the importance of Kindergarten, this is the time their brains are developing the most of their whole lives, so you really don't want them somewhere they will be ignored / not stimulated / not enjoy it

Maybe we just have different view on schooling

Ill just send my kid to the nearest kinder primary school, then ill send them to the best nearby public school

it cannot be that easy.

Alex you ahd any experience with this sort of thing?

I see kids on the train every morning travelling ages just to get to school, f**k that.

Not many of them are aussie, maybe cultural thing?

Edited by UNR33L

I see kids on the train every morning travelling ages just to get to school, f**k that.

Not many of them are aussie, maybe cultural thing?

lol its because you're on the dandenong line. not many caucasians in general. plenty of tru-blu private school kids on the frankston line. Mornington to Melbourne High, anyone?

Kids at school were playing it yesterday with username Pinis. I told them to at least spell it correctly

I'm pretty that pinis kid killed me yesterday, I laughed when I saw that name before he ate me...

Speaking of kindergarden, only thing I remember from that was using a plastic bag as my school bag and getting slapped by a girl I think because we crossed footpath on my bikes and we both couldn't pass eachother because neither of us refused to ride on the grass /dirt.

Scared for life man, put that kid in a proper kindergarden! Lol

I'll be sending my kid to the closest schools and that's it...plenty of shit kickers in good schools and plenty of bright kids in shit schools

Parenting at home > influence than parenting at school

Speaking of kindergarden, only thing I remember from that was using a plastic bag as my school bag and getting slapped by a girl I think because we crossed footpath on my bikes and we both couldn't pass eachother because neither of us refused to ride on the grass /dirt.

Was it Alvin?