SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

9 hours ago, Birds said:

That's hideous...I remember the days of 8% when it was worth having interest. Rather put in a bluechip or some sort of  Alaskan oil explorer.

remember home/car rates were also 18% at that same time(well that was prior to any of us having cars/homes)....you don't get one without the other.

when you can get a home loan for 4% they cannot give 8% for savings.

and get those kids off my lawn.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:05 AM, Leroy Peterson said:

Its pretty sad that I made enough interest when I was 16-18 to pay my phone bill each month and I don't make that much now off a lot more savings

I was doing the same. 5k was getting me like $30 a month, shit was free money. Then you realise capital gains and inflation and it sucks a bit...

Interest ain't worth it now

So I mean you could wait a year for 2.6% on your money or buying 88E at 1.5/1.6 will produce nearly 30% in a week

Three certainties in life; death, taxes and 88E recovering after a big fall

So I mean you could wait a year for 2.6% on your money or buying 88E at 1.5/1.6 will produce nearly 30% in a week
Three certainties in life; death, taxes and 88E recovering after a big fall
M8 it's about diversifying
Cant put all money into shares.

And I'm also gonna pull 80% out of 88E when it hits a point I'm happy with (maybe 5c or so).
After seeing what oil search can achieve in Alaska with $400mil behind them, 88e just wastes my time.
They built roads, pad, rig, the whole shabangabang recently, after acquiring a position last year and looking to spud by February.

Diversifying only works to protect money, but not to make significant amounts of it. It averages out your losses, but also your profits in the name of safety. Case in point...if you'd put every dollar you had of cash into 1.5/1.6 88E of yesterweek, by now you'd have cleared more gains than 10 years of compounding bank interest at current rates. 88E may well waste the long termers time but I've always maintained there's a truckload to be made off that perpetual dump and ramp cycle on asx releases.

Quote me now: once that current well is spud and they are on the cusp of testing it, good or bad outcome, the price will ramp before the fact. Save for some unseen shit going down, the ramp is coming.

88E's big shot was Icewine2. Now it's a long path back, trying to gain funding to continue. Hopefully news of conventional farm out goes ok, but can't rely on it. Next major works is something that's a small % ownership of, which is progressing slowly.
Finally, over 5.5billion shares is just Ludacris. Will they consolidate once they have income?

6 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

88E's big shot was Icewine2. Now it's a long path back, trying to gain funding to continue. Hopefully news of conventional farm out goes ok, but can't rely on it. Next major works is something that's a small % ownership of, which is progressing slowly.
Finally, over 5.5billion shares is just Ludacris. Will they consolidate once they have income?

I don't want em to consolidate TBH...it's the only thing holding them accountable for taking advantage of every share issue they're possibly entitled to. I didn't like how they handled IW2, at all. Thinking we won't hear another peep about it and yet the last I read on it, they'd supposedly found ample evidence to turn a dollar out of it so didn't proceed with discovering it had no damn pressure lol

Conventional is likely their best shot at making money out of their acreage I think. No one seems to want to touch fracking until the oil prices skyrocket and the Arabs dry out.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:56 PM, krzysiu said:

Well we’ll well, how have you f**kers been? Can see you still here birds and dezz ??

Lmao CR33M get the money

• 2 weeks later...

There's actually a fairly reasonable argument that "Dangerous to the driver only" isn't a valid reason - Mainly because when you end up a vegetable from hitting a tree, this impacts and costs society to deal with you, and people like you that think it was good idea to do skids in an industrial lot and meet a light pole on intimate terms.

Or replace an airbag steering wheel with a fully sick copy china item etc etc etc.

Typically speaking though, modding cars never really hurt anyone, including the drivers.

I'd like to see the correlation between installation of pod filters and the increase of sudden infant death syndrome.

For real though, what the f**k kind of impact on the environment would adding a pod filter to an intercooled setup have, to justify the EPA making someone take a day off work to change it and get it passed. Australia's entire impact in the greater scheme of world emissions has been established as f**k all. Those are the kinds of laws that needed to be binned; laws created for no other reason than to enforce sanctions against modified vehicles.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 7:45 PM, Birds said:

I'd like to see the correlation between installation of pod filters and the increase of sudden infant death syndrome.

For real though, what the f**k kind of impact on the environment should adding a pod filter to an intercooled setup, to justify the EPA making someone take a day off work to change it and get it passed. Australia's entire impact in the scheme of the greater world has been established as f**k all. Those are the kinds of laws that needed to be binned; incidence of laws created for no other reason than to enforce sanctions against modified vehicles.

ok lets go there.........

so as we know the influx of pod filters came with the boom of modified 90's japanese turbo cars.

Since the late 90's these cars have become more rare and harder to find. plus with research people found stock airboxes were more effective in many cases drawing in colder air and flowing well.

now I'm not saying they stopped al together but I think we can agree the 90's were peek pod filter and slowly ramping down.

now from this site (https://vaxopedia.org/2018/05/26/was-sids-discovered-only-after-we-began-vaccinating-kids/) we can also see that since the 90's the incidents of SID's has also been dropping.

Rates of most causes of sudden infant death, including SIDS, have dropped since the mid-1990s.

thus from this we can see a correlation between pod filters and SID's.

QED

and as a side note we can see a trend of japan making lame cars has increased the amount of accidental suffocation and strangulation..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So Unreel moving house again... Flogging off the bike too, dayum.

What's the goss?

I'm looking for a new rental soon, could be good timing as there seems to be lots of people with empty houses asking too much at the moment.

Requirements are: within 1hr public transport from Melb Central or Royal Children's Hospital, min. 2-car lockable garage, min 2 car driveway, min 2 bedrm, easy access to freeways, isn't west side.

There's a few suburbs that are options but being so spread out makes it hard to search...