SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Main reasons I sold my 33 GTR was some rust problems & the po po / EPA 

Couldn't give that thing away.. would be different these days! 

100% profit now... tempted to sell now but could be the type of thing to hold onto... I dunno

Also, new Ausnet (AST) CEO will be shaking things up big time soon once he gets in... Probably get bad press so price could go either way if anyone feels like a gamble.

At this stage it's pretty much the reverse of that, although thank f**k for tax returns

So the gtr is making progress?

My tax return was processed so my rates notice arrived to take it back.

1 hour ago, TiTAN said:

So the gtr is making progress?

My tax return was processed so my rates notice arrived to take it back.

Oh no not at all.

Hah, rates are due in January because someone decided I should dislike Christmas as an adult

• 2 weeks later...

Taking equity out on my house to buy a TT Supra is a good investment, right? 

In all seriousness, if you could buy a cool weekender / club rego car that you think will go up in value instead of down, what would it be? Best of both worlds then, doesn't cost much to have, enjoy it then sell in 10, 20, 30 years to make a buck. 

FD RX7s seem to be the last 'cool' 90s JDM car that isn't crazy expensive now? 

Edited by UNR33L

FD about on par with 33Rs pricewise and have still risen a lot; the lowest I recall them getting to was high teens. Favourite looking Jap car, but I was scared to touch one back at their lowest cause apex and I'd be even more wary now; probably explains why they aren't more expensive. All the flagships are currently more than I'd ever spend on one myself - selling could be on the cards next year when USA can import.

R33 GTS-T is in all seriousness still a comparative bargain with all the other cars of similar performance (1/3 the price of the R which is slowly pulling it up), and with Nissan/Nismo OEM part remanufacture for GTRs, there would at least be support for ongoing maintenance of an R chassis, Stagea, or S chassis.

Strangely enough, the old Euro cars are the performance "bargains" these days - all the old V8 powered Benz, E46 M3, Audi S series etc. But...I'd rather road trip an FD than depend on my flat cap and 45° angled driver's seat to get me there in a plastidip C63.

• Like 1