SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

3 hours ago, UNR33L said:

Q60 kind of looks like a Supra 

I wonder when R35 GTRs will hit the 40-50k mark, might be worth buying then if the previous generations are anything to go off. 

2009 GTR has been a consideration for me but not quite at the point where I'm prepared to spend so much money on an out of warranty car. My worry with them is always the servicing costs and parts which haven't really declined with time, unlike the Skylines we used to drive where broad market made it cheap to own. If you can get a reliable one that doesn't break or give gearbox issues, they seem like a good proposition for holding their value given they've lost so much of it already. Consistently been 75-80k+ for a few years now! Probably helped in part by the huge increase in older GTR prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I just think...with anything turbo petrol the option is at least there for modest performance increases whether flash tuning or manual boost increase. Or all out with E85 if you have the commitment. Don't think many buy an MX5 to go quick with the loud pedal, and likewise I doubt that's your goal, but I've always been disappointed by the lack of power in cheap RWD coupes and convertibles. Considering how easily Toyota and Subaru could have done it with their expanse of engine line up; regardless of how good the 86 is, no one's ever said it has too much power.

I'd buy an mx5 for a 'project car' like to learn how to turbo charge a car, work on yourself, track. Perfect if they're 25 years old too. 

Can't have the daily off the road, so perfect weekend cruiser and cheap all round project = mx5

A cheap old WRX would be a close 2nd place, the only problem being not able to club rego them yet. 

90s Nissans got dat  dere Nissan tax now. 

Edited by UNR33L

5 hours ago, emts said:

small turbo car that lots of fun....hmmm

Image may contain: car, sky, cloud, outdoor and nature

I recently got one of these, supercharged model, was sub 5k. Actually i bought 2, 2nd is a parts car i got for 2k with fruit to be picked.

IMG_20190818_132226.thumb.jpg.33a090aeced8ada0da019ba3cc5b5951.jpg

Fun to drive and you can actually put your foot down without licence losing consequences. Im happy with it but still got nothing on the skyline when it comes to smiles per rpm. Mini isn't much more practical either, but fuel use is pretty damn good.

and for a daily that's the point.

mine has the mechanical LSD, dual sun roof, leather, Bluetooth and a few other options. plus 17K of receipts for work......for 8K 

drives great and will do me for a couple years till the mortgage paid off a bunch and can get something more fun.

15 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

The only thing better is a Renault Megane RS225.

Also, going to be selling mine soon, unrelated ofc

I was seriously looking at those, 
power to weight is similar (slight advantage to RS)
but I found the interiour of the mini to be more me, add in the 60cm shorter so easy to park.

was RS225, mini cooper S, WRX and HSV astra there at the end.

53 minutes ago, emts said:

I was seriously looking at those, 
power to weight is similar (slight advantage to RS)
but I found the interiour of the mini to be more me, add in the 60cm shorter so easy to park.

was RS225, mini cooper S, WRX and HSV astra there at the end.

Its not really so much the power (mine has a tune on it)
It's the handling.. especially when you go into any kind of twisty road, the differences are night and day. I have the cup version. It's basically the same car as a RS250/RS265 though I prefer the dynamics of the RS225 (it has less braking/liftoff oversteer, it has better visibility)

Took mine to Winton when the 34 failed its first pre-trackday test with LS mode, did about 90 hotlaps with 0 faults and was 4 wheel sliding it around Winton, just a brilliant little thing, most trouble free track event ever. Only realised after the day that it was running stock shocks as well which is just a crazy thing after Nissan life..

Pretty big Renault fan now lol. 

15 hours ago, emts said:

and for a daily that's the point.

mine has the mechanical LSD, dual sun roof, leather, Bluetooth and a few other options. plus 17K of receipts for work......for 8K 

drives great and will do me for a couple years till the mortgage paid off a bunch and can get something more fun.

Nice pickup. Sounds like it's had all the expensive maintenance the turbo model requires done too. They're definitely a hoot to drive.

Mine also has a sunroof and leather, pov spec otherwise. Came with a couple little bonuses, -15% supercharger pulley, cold air box and an ati balancer. 

The parts car has a -17% pulley, gp model intercooler, headers, exhaust, 450cc injectors, cold air box and remapped ecu, ecu flash tool. Also has some adj control arms at the back and 3 good 16" bbs rims with ad08r tyres.

Im going to transfer everything good over to mine, should be pretty potent after that. Then part out the rest and hopefully make a nice little profit. That's the plan anyway, we'll see what happens.

6 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Nice pickup. Sounds like it's had all the expensive maintenance the turbo model requires done too. They're definitely a hoot to drive.

Mine also has a sunroof and leather, pov spec otherwise. Came with a couple little bonuses, -15% supercharger pulley, cold air box and an ati balancer. 

The parts car has a -17% pulley, gp model intercooler, headers, exhaust, 450cc injectors, cold air box and remapped ecu, ecu flash tool. Also has some adj control arms at the back and 3 good 16" bbs rims with ad08r tyres.

Im going to transfer everything good over to mine, should be pretty potent after that. Then part out the rest and hopefully make a nice little profit. That's the plan anyway, we'll see what happens.

did you buy about 6-4 month ago.

as that sounds like one of the ad's I was looking at. Pre face lift model? ie 2 spoke wheel?

and yes this has had the timing belt and tensioner done, High pressure fuel pump, thermostat housing, all new cooling hoses, expansion bottle cap,  and air cond recharge, new tires and a RWC. previous owner is a n older Principle of a Local school and she had paperwork for the last 7 years at the same repair place.

naturally none of this was in the add just 3 very bad photos and as a country car, no one wants small cars. I was the first to look at it after 3 months of advertising.

2 minutes ago, emts said:

did you buy about 6-4 month ago.

as that sounds like one of the ad's I was looking at. Pre face lift model? ie 2 spoke wheel?

and yes this has had the timing belt and tensioner done, High pressure fuel pump, thermostat housing, all new cooling hoses, expansion bottle cap,  and air cond recharge, new tires and a RWC. previous owner is a n older Principle of a Local school and she had paperwork for the last 7 years at the same repair place.

naturally none of this was in the add just 3 very bad photos and as a country car, no one wants small cars. I was the first to look at it after 3 months of advertising.

Na, bought about 5-6 weeks ago. Also nothing mentioned in ad, poor photos. A dike in Brunswick owned it.

10 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

Its not really so much the power (mine has a tune on it)
It's the handling.. especially when you go into any kind of twisty road, the differences are night and day. I have the cup version. It's basically the same car as a RS250/RS265 though I prefer the dynamics of the RS225 (it has less braking/liftoff oversteer, it has better visibility)

Took mine to Winton when the 34 failed its first pre-trackday test with LS mode, did about 90 hotlaps with 0 faults and was 4 wheel sliding it around Winton, just a brilliant little thing, most trouble free track event ever. Only realised after the day that it was running stock shocks as well which is just a crazy thing after Nissan life..

Pretty big Renault fan now lol. 

So should you have been considering they own half of Nissan ;)