SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

i know Renault always had a Clio following, but its like Renault is getting the fun models while Nissan is just... shit now.

Even the Q50/Q60 red looks painfully average, and very outdated in terms of infotainment. Can't imagine the VR30 twin turbo AWD being fun or cheap for maintenance.

because 'merica.

nissan has been so focused on the USA market for past 8+ years and they don;t buy small and fun.

Quantity over quality.

where as Renault is not even sold in USA they are focused on EU markets where small and peppy is everything.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/2020-renault-megane-rs-trophy-r-first-drive-performance-review

"The result is a car that on a circuit, with height lowered and dampers set to medium-rare, feels every inch as good and connected as a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, just front-wheel drive and less accelerative. There’s equivalent feel, finesse, grip and loads of traction."

And the truth is the rest of the RS lines are basically these style cars with full interiors, at least the clio RS variants and the Meg 225, 250 et al.

At least I'm gonna be 100% certain I will be like "shit, wish I didnt sell that" when I inevitably sell mine because 1 car lyf.

They're just so different when driven in anger compared to the staple of cool cars nowadays, i.e Golf GTI/Golf R.

That said the Cooper S is pretty cool too, but not quite the same thing, Renaults just got beaten to the ground much harder with depreciation lol.

2 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/2020-renault-megane-rs-trophy-r-first-drive-performance-review

"The result is a car that on a circuit, with height lowered and dampers set to medium-rare, feels every inch as good and connected as a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, just front-wheel drive and less accelerative. There’s equivalent feel, finesse, grip and loads of traction."

And the truth is the rest of the RS lines are basically these style cars with full interiors, at least the clio RS variants and the Meg 225, 250 et al.

At least I'm gonna be 100% certain I will be like "shit, wish I didnt sell that" when I inevitably sell mine because 1 car lyf.

They're just so different when driven in anger compared to the staple of cool cars nowadays, i.e Golf GTI/Golf R.

That said the Cooper S is pretty cool too, but not quite the same thing, Renaults just got beaten to the ground much harder with depreciation lol.

Similar feels with my STI,  driven in anger its amazing, on track through the corner makes me her bitch and says back "is that all you got?" 

Also since I put MCA Reds on I thought it wouldn't make much difference, thinking stock STI suspension would be pretty good - boy I was wrong! thing is like a gokart after MCA reds. 

Trying to buy a house, got conditional approval but lender taking ages to give us formal approval and might miss contract end date, conveyancer asked for 1 week extension but owner declined - pretty frustrating! 

Basically not budging on 2 weeks finance so we have until tomorrow. Lender business manager cant escalate because its 'within SLA' and on the pile of final stage approvals. 

Edited by UNR33L

Yeah the bank was the worst part of our process as well.

I'd come to them do you ahve everything, yes we all good.

3 days later whilst I'm in an airport, oh can you go and get "XYZ that has to be done in person" for us.

Multiple Fkn times.

they do this day in day out, give a bloody check list and I could have it all for you in 2 days. and have machine learning  take care of the risk side as it will be faster and more accurate.

• Like 1

Still got it, renting it out 

Rent needs to go up a bit tho, everyone tells me too cheap (380 / week atm) 

Prob could get 400 fairly easily but i'll go 390 at end of the year 

I did draw 70k out of it to help with the new place though, used the equity can draw upto 80% of value 

Edited by UNR33L

• 3 weeks later...