SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

1 hour ago, admS15 said:

Still daily driving the GTST?

Yep...dunno for how much longer though cause the premium is more than double versus limited use.

Fkin oath...still got my eye on the big prize, but it has been good to me regardless of how things turn out.

7 hours ago, Birds said:

Yep...dunno for how much longer though cause the premium is more than double versus limited use.

I haven't daily'd mine for nearly 2 years now. Been rocking a Mini Cooper S.

I miss driving it, I may just start dailying it again so it can be enjoyed. 

What's the point of owning it, if I'm hardly ever driving it. Although prices have skyrocketed, they're still just a GTST shitbox.

As far as insurance, enthusiasts seem to be a fair bit cheaper than shannons and do decent values.

1 hour ago, admS15 said:

I haven't daily'd mine for nearly 2 years now. Been rocking a Mini Cooper S.

I miss driving it, I may just start dailying it again so it can be enjoyed. 

What's the point of owning it, if I'm hardly ever driving it. Although prices have skyrocketed, they're still just a GTST shitbox.

As far as insurance, enthusiasts seem to be a fair bit cheaper than shannons and do decent values.

I have a similar mindset...I mean I love my car but to me it’s still the 10k car I bought 12 years ago. They’re not worth 25-30k to me. I guess someone who never owned one or someone who has a lot of cash to burn might see it differently. The sentimentality keeps me from parting with it, but it is nice to know that if it gets stolen then I’ll be decently compensated for it.

I tried with enthusiast and they were around the same price as Shannon’s, but they were happy to insure for a little more. I went with Shannon’s because I’ve never heard bad about their claims process and they have multi policy/vehicle discounts which will help in future. Their excess is also only about $650 versus others that make you pay more for being a Skyline.

I have thought about cashing in.  Got as far as writing up the ad, was going to ask for 27k but just couldn't bring myself to actually put the ad up. It came down to what would be a worthy replacement that could do everything the GTST does and put the same smile on my face. I couldn't come up with a worthy replacement for that sort of money, so it stays. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admS15 said:

I have thought about cashing in.  Got as far as writing up the ad, was going to ask for 27k but just couldn't bring myself to actually put the ad up. It came down to what would be a worthy replacement that could do everything the GTST does and put the same smile on my face. I couldn't come up with a worthy replacement for that sort of money, so it stays. 

Pretty much why they’re worth that now.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:18 AM, Birds said:

Por que no los dos

On 5/1/2021 at 4:30 PM, Birds said:

Fkin oath...still got my eye on the big prize, but it has been good to me regardless of how things turn out.

Nothing in any market compares to potential crypto gains, long or short term. 
If you had put a fraction of your 88E money in any crypto... gains would be laughable in comparison.

I've drank the crypto kool-aid and theres no looking back.
I've been tempted to sell the cars to fund more, but judging by how this bull market is going, I don't think I'll have to.

4 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Nothing in any market compares to potential crypto gains, long or short term. 
If you had put a fraction of your 88E money in any crypto... gains would be laughable in comparison.

I've drank the crypto kool-aid and theres no looking back.
I've been tempted to sell the cars to fund more, but judging by how this bull market is going, I don't think I'll have to.

88E is just one spec stock and going from 0.7 cents to 9.5 cents is potentially 13-14x your investment in the space of a few months - assuming perfect timing. My timing netted me about 7-8x return, which is incredible for any investment really.

To get that or more out of trading crypto in most recent times, you’d have had to enter circa March last year and held til start of this year. I believe in crypto’s profitability short/medium/long and do invest in it myself with all those plans; some nice wins so far, but 88E still leading my revenue. I’m not so quick to discount the profitability of spec stocks and being tangible investments.

What coins/tokens are you in?

Held a bunch of stuff from 2017, went heavy btc, eth & ltc since October and earning interest on them. Sold my alts too early... thought most "old" low cap coins would die in the ass. That was a poor prediction lol

I think ETH will pump hard before BTC takes off. So trying to make the most of that trade. I've got a bunch of charts and metrics I follow, so plan to cash out fairly conservatively August-September and buy back in next year or later.
https://www.blockchaincenter.net/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/
If BTC hits sub-$35kusd in 2022, ill be all over that.

Also trying to learn yield farming via polygon. Its a bit late to jump on that train, but its more about learning how to use it rather than making bank.
I pulled almost everything off the ASX, theres a new financial system being built on crypto and it will eat the world. Chainlink, Cardano, Algorand, Ethereum have already started.

It is such an awfully unpredictable market but the instant trading at all hours of the day is a huge advantage instead of being slave to announcements and market opens.

I had 10k of DOGE at 6 cents just trying to short term it for a couple grand when the Elon tweets first started hyping it...so I’m a little pissy right now having sold out of that when it wasn’t doing much. No one in their right mind would have stayed in with a substantial holding though...so well done to the insane people who did.

On 01/05/2021 at 11:43 PM, admS15 said:

lol

I have thought about moving on my GTR so many times it isn't funny, but the first question is always "what am I gonna replace it with?" also my depth perception has thrown off two times i've been in the GTR since I'd moved on Golf R for a TDI Touareg. 

And when I do take it for a quick spin, the amount of necks breaking from the pedestrians is mind blogging and amusing, especially in an area full of ratty old Falcons and Commodores.   

1 hour ago, Count Grantleyish said:

lol

I have thought about moving on my GTR so many times it isn't funny, but the first question is always "what am I gonna replace it with?" also my depth perception has thrown off two times i've been in the GTR since I'd moved on Golf R for a TDI Touareg. 

And when I do take it for a quick spin, the amount of necks breaking from the pedestrians is mind blogging and amusing, especially in an area full of ratty old Falcons and Commodores.   

I remember you where talking about selling yours when they where only going for 25-30k. Imagine how stupid you'd be feeling right now.

So the golf is gone now? How many k's had you racked up?

13 hours ago, admS15 said:

I remember you where talking about selling yours when they where only going for 25-30k. Imagine how stupid you'd be feeling right now.

So the golf is gone now? How many k's had you racked up?

Yeah, so crazy to think about it. Should get off my lazy arse and start buying coilovers as the one i've got is shot and chuck new bushes all over including subframe (have everything bar ball joints but don't think i'll need these for time being) then start driving it. 

Sold the Golf (definitely regretted selling) with 220k or thereabouts kms, bought it at 114k. 

• Like 1

On 07/05/2021 at 10:53 PM, Leroy Peterson said:

Held a bunch of stuff from 2017, went heavy btc, eth & ltc since October and earning interest on them. Sold my alts too early... thought most "old" low cap coins would die in the ass. That was a poor prediction lol

I think ETH will pump hard before BTC takes off. So trying to make the most of that trade. I've got a bunch of charts and metrics I follow, so plan to cash out fairly conservatively August-September and buy back in next year or later.
https://www.blockchaincenter.net/bitcoin-rainbow-chart/
If BTC hits sub-$35kusd in 2022, ill be all over that.

Also trying to learn yield farming via polygon. Its a bit late to jump on that train, but its more about learning how to use it rather than making bank.
I pulled almost everything off the ASX, theres a new financial system being built on crypto and it will eat the world. Chainlink, Cardano, Algorand, Ethereum have already started.

How much have you invested and gained in crypto

You would have  lambo by now if you went heavy in 2017?

How much have you invested and gained in crypto

You would have  lambo by now if you went heavy in 2017?

the key word is "bunch". if i had kept it all in BTC i would be doing well. But pissing a lot of it away on altcoins was no.1 mistake and we're seeing everyone do the same thing now.
I knew that a lot of development and changes would come during the bear market, but I should have stayed in the loop the whole time. Learnt about traditional markets over 2020 and all I learnt was that its all shit compared to crypto lol in both a returns perspective and "greater good" perspective.

Pro tip: you're not crypto rich if you have to cash it back out to fiat.

5 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

the key word is "bunch". if i had kept it all in BTC i would be doing well. But pissing a lot of it away on altcoins was no.1 mistake and we're seeing everyone do the same thing now.
I knew that a lot of development and changes would come during the bear market, but I should have stayed in the loop the whole time. Learnt about traditional markets over 2020 and all I learnt was that its all shit compared to crypto lol in both a returns perspective and "greater good" perspective.

Pro tip: you're not crypto rich if you have to cash it back out to fiat.

So whats your plan now?

Whats your current portfolio and what are you looking at?

So I have 3x "categories"

1. HODL
2. big boi plays
3. speculative stuff

1. mostly in cold storage (BTC, ETH). Around 25% on Blockfi generating 6% in the native token (BTC, ETH, LTC, ALGO). Also mining on my home PC most of the time using NiceHash and then dumping that BTC onto Blockfi.
2. Plays in large caps, mostly ETH/BTC. I sold a bunch of  ASX stuff in April and poured it into ETH. Started selling it into BTC today, with first price target at 0.0755, got a few more targets above 0.10. BTC is estimated to peak in a few months time, so will take some profit there, potentially move back into large caps (ETH, LTC) because there is a decent price history based around the halving.
3. Got random alts on KuCoin & Bittrex. I like, but dont necessarily own, COMP, RUNE, Chainlink, ALGO, XRP (because of the price swings), AAVE, MATIC, POWR. Just buy when it looks good, sell when it's pumped. Not always quick or easy but it's just play money. Got some USDC on polygon trying to suss out Defi over there and the yield farming. Wish I'd been aware of this stuff in early 2020.

ETH-BTC.JPG

Nice 

How much do you make these days on crypto mining? 

My largest holdings are BNB/eth/btc with about 20 other alt/shitcoins. Also on blockfi

my portfolio has gone from about $4k a year ago to over $100k mainly due to BNB going like 65x

• Thanks 1