SAU Community

Looking For Mechanic In Western Suburbs

akabubbles

No don't send it there - he doesn't need anymore distractions from my engine :mad:

Which ones yours?

Im going there next week to shit stir him about something, i can poke him in the ribs about it.

Yours wouldn't happen to be the RB26 which was recently rebuilt by another workshop and had a bottom end failure? If it wasn't, you should ask him to show you the mess he found when he opened it up.....its a really scary thing to look at.

Which ones yours?

Im going there next week to shit stir him about something, i can poke him in the ribs about it.

Yours wouldn't happen to be the RB26 which was recently rebuilt by another workshop and had a bottom end failure? If it wasn't, you should ask him to show you the mess he found when he opened it up.....its a really scary thing to look at.

Nah

Mine is a 26/30

He did tell me about that one though

Dropped in on him today to give him a push, fkin busier than ever. If you say tall guy from the east with the blonde gf he'll know who you're talking about...

If you say tall guy from the east with the blonde gf he'll know who you're talking about...

Will do, i should be there on Tuesday around midday for a social visit......

Once he gets into it, (if hes not being disturbed) its a few days work to assemble properly while checking bearing clearances and setting ring end gaps, he likes to be left alone so he can focus and do a good job.

Nah my short block and head are already assembled, he just needs to bolt it together and install the ancillary parts

Current hold up is the acquisition of a hi-octane sump

Current hold up is the acquisition of a hi-octane sump

Can hardly blame them for waiting on parts then.......

How long ago did they start on the engine?

Oh nah I'm not, nor am I pushing him to get anything done in a time frame, but there is stuff he could be doing with my engine in the mean time to have it more bolt in ready for the conversion and leave the sump til last. I recognise he's got a shitload of work coming out of his ass and the servicing work is what pays the bills; I'm just playing squeaky wheel so I'm not pushed aside - he's got a lot of people saying they need their car by x date and you inevitably get queue jumped by this kind of customer if you don't keep up appearances.

I'm not one to rush workshops; quite the opposite having come from a workshop background myself. I'd rather people do the job properly in their own time. I never ask him for time frames, only ever ask where are we at or what do I need to buy / what are we waiting on at the moment for an update. Most of the time we are there for 40 mins just talking random shit about cars, as he does! I find it odd for someone to still be that passionate about the cars you work day and night on for years - true enthusiast.

• Like 1

Also they didn't build the block or head - they were already assembled by a reputable mob in NSW, but he said he's happy to work with it as long as I don't blame him for a thrown rod / all care no responsibility, which is fine by me.

All good :cheers:

Anyway, in all seriousness and back on topic...i do recommend Edge to people looking for a good westside workshop...there's a reason I've joined a queue waiting for my stuff to get done haha. It feels like a car enthusiast haven in there.

• Like 2