SAU Community

Max Hp/rwks For R34 Gtt Auto & Manual

That would be a nope

so where you just messing with me before with 12k hp gtt? I've been Skyline man since my P's-so because I'm between skylines at the moment does that mean I should get off SAU? I'm trying to get help from you guys & decide wether to go manual or auto, is that a crime???

I'm importing r34 gtt to chase hp-will be w/e car & MAYBE try at drags once or twice, see what happens

get a manual. The auto is fine 90% of the time for a daily but there are times it can be a pain in the ass. and being a w/e you shouldn't buy an auto.

The lag from the converter, the sometimes non existent power, the flair on gear changes if it's not tuned and even after it's tuned if you want and make more power it will start to flair again until you do the welsh plug mod, then again when you make more power.

If you're thinking about doing some local twisties because you didn't mention the track, the awd auto is great depending on the road. Tight corners where you can stay in second is fine but anything over that speed you will only have the overdrive button to lock gears. Being rwd with power, if you want more power mid corner and it kicks down mid corner you may find yourself in trouble. The awd is much easier to control when this happens, otherwise you will have to find the happy medium with throttle position. I don't do many hill runs, but when i have i found the auto great being awd and easy to control and to get the most power all the time, i couldn't imagine it with a rwd.

get a manual. The auto is fine 90% of the time for a daily but there are times it can be a pain in the ass. and being a w/e you shouldn't buy an auto.

The lag from the converter, the sometimes non existent power, the flair on gear changes if it's not tuned and even after it's tuned if you want and make more power it will start to flair again until you do the welsh plug mod, then again when you make more power.

If you're thinking about doing some local twisties because you didn't mention the track, the awd auto is great depending on the road. Tight corners where you can stay in second is fine but anything over that speed you will only have the overdrive button to lock gears. Being rwd with power, if you want more power mid corner and it kicks down mid corner you may find yourself in trouble. The awd is much easier to control when this happens, otherwise you will have to find the happy medium with throttle position. I don't do many hill runs, but when i have i found the auto great being awd and easy to control and to get the most power all the time, i couldn't imagine it with a rwd.

thanks so much Trex, much appreciated. Gives me a bit to think about. Will not be doing twisties, just w/e & may try luck at q/m. I didn't think awd came in gtt(excuse my ignorance)-I thought only N/A gt4 or gtr(which in r34 out of my budget)?

thanks so much Trex, much appreciated. Gives me a bit to think about. Will not be doing twisties, just w/e & may try luck at q/m. I didn't think awd came in gtt(excuse my ignorance)-I thought only N/A gt4 or gtr(which in r34 out of my budget)?

i have a stagea. so awd auto.

i have a stagea. so awd auto.

ohh that was my next q, thought might be Stagea. The only issues I have with manual are that I live in Melbourne's North, lot of traffick, stop start(roundabouts etc) & tons of new speed cameras-I only have 1 or 2 points left. Not promoting hooning. Even our freeways suck b$&))! Because a lot have recently been dropped from 100 to 80- even 70 kms & new cameras been put up to reinforce this. But will still consider manul

thanks Cowboy1600, I am newbie here so appreciate it. I've also gone over some threads & saw that Hadouken just loves taking the piss(especially from newbies). It's ok, I think he just needs a hug haha

honestly, if you saw him a hug would be the last thing you'd want to do. :wub:

keep reading mate, it's the only way you'll learn and not get taken advantage. Most, if not all have been taken advantage of when changing platforms and learning new things. Keep reading and get a fair understanding on what is going on and how to achieve your goals before importing the car.

So you don't have a car, but will get 2 g tax return soon then shoot for max hp?

no, I have 2 cars atm(Commodore & VRX) & in process of buying r34 gtt(importing) & have 3k(seperate for r34 budget) & expecting another 3-4k with tax return. So 6-7k just for modding

honestly, if you saw him a hug would be the last thing you'd want to do. :wub:

keep reading mate, it's the only way you'll learn and not get taken advantage. Most, if not all have been taken advantage of when changing platforms and learning new things. Keep reading and get a fair understanding on what is going on and how to achieve your goals before importing the car.

haha will do chief, thanks.

Oh cool. Well that's the trans sorted.

Then you are left with a stock car with a sweet as trans.

so trans will cost 6-7k to build? Earlier in thread someone said 2-3k for trans but then Kinkstaa said he spent 10k. Can I not get built for 2-3k?

so trans will cost 6-7k to build? Earlier in thread someone said 2-3k for trans but then Kinkstaa said he spent 10k. Can I not get built for 2-3k?

I said minimum 3..