SAU Community

Rip R35 Gtr :(

IOWNU

Thanks mate!

Pricing seems decent ATM.

Only issue is, there are stuff all black editions available and I really prefer the little extras.

Torn between buying a 2015 Premium or ordering and waiting for a late model 2015 Black Edition. Which would annoy me because...so close to 2016 lol.

Yeah very sad. I've never seen it dirtier.

Seems a bit shifty that they haven't shown the airbags out, maybe trying to get a higher bid from an interstate bidder.

Ooohhh...terrible to hear but good your ok and insurance ran smoothly for you..hear so many horror stories people loosing everything because some other party with no insurance license etc...any way you could buy it back as a track car or something?!best of luck with your new rig too!!

I had the option to buy it back but elected not to.

Thanks mate, had no luck finding exactly what I wanted to have placed an order for a new GTR. Should be delivered mid November.

Cheers.

out of interest, what was the cost of purchasing the wreck?

Was told about 80-90k. Never really considered it though do didn't get an exact figure. Primarily because of the headache, plus financially won't work out much cheaper than buying a 2nd hand GTR as is.

My mate was curious so he rang Pickles. They expect it to go for 100-120g.

I wont mention his reaction..

Lol. That is very interesting. I don't think it will go for that much. Might be worthwhile for a panel beater who can keep all costs to a minimum if it goes for 80ish.

BTW the assessor originally tried to tell me that the salvage value would be around 30k tops, hence the push to repair. Told him he was straight tripping and rightfully so.

No idea bud.

Not fussed to be honest, I got paid out, they'll do what they have to.

Fortunately for him, the wreck sold for decent money. The car has been bought by a gentleman in Sydney who will repair it.

Fortunately for him, the wreck sold for decent money. The car has been bought by a gentleman in Sydney who will repair it.

This type of thing totally terrifies me. If you can't afford insurance, get the bus. You will ruin your life by writing off something pricey.

Hell, a bloke wrote off my Father-in-law's MGB GT in the eighties and the at-fault driver made a deal to pay $n every month (Father-in-law was very accommodating) - it took him 12 years to pay it off! Imagine what he and his family could have had to go without during that period if my FIL wasn't so relaxed.

Frightening.

This type of thing totally terrifies me. If you can't afford insurance, get the bus. You will ruin your life by writing off something pricey.

Hell, a bloke wrote off my Father-in-law's MGB GT in the eighties and the at-fault driver made a deal to pay $n every month (Father-in-law was very accommodating) - it took him 12 years to pay it off! Imagine what he and his family could have had to go without during that period if my FIL wasn't so relaxed.

Frightening.

I don't think people really understand the risks, as having an accident is considered a low risk thing to happen (in their minds).

Depending on what car you hit, you could end up paying off a motorbike, a block of land or even a house.

But you and I are normal people, clearly not everyone thinks like this to be honest lol.

Your FIL was patient, I'd not have waited 12 years.

• Like 1

My bike (Bandit 1250) was written off (with me on it :() by an uninsured, unlicensed and unregistered driver. We managed to get $1k per month from him until it was paid off.

Yeah, as it has been said, not having an accident is not a metric for determining your driving quality. Most drivers think it wont happen and dont insure.

again, this is why i have insurance, yes to cover me if im at fault obviously, but more importantly,

if an unreg uninsured driver writes off my car then my insurance company sorts me out gets me payed they goes after them, i dont have to or want to know about it.

why would i ever want to deal with that shit.

Edited by GH05T

And the honest truth is that these ppl do this sort of thing all the time..........uninsured, unregistered, unlicenced and don't care. The insurance company won't get the $$$, cos he will be unemployed and on the dole, claim a disability pension need and/or drug dependence, own nothing, have nothing, and swan through life on the social welfare system.

Bet he's out there driving again right now....and probably drunk/drugged/or chromed off his head to boot.

And yep, I've had it happen to me as well.