SAU Community

Review: Alpha Omega Racing 350mm Brembo Front Brake Adaptor Kit

Nice looking kit, were the bolts 12mm or 14 though?

Different kits/cars require different bolts - mine uses 14mm bolts

What size rims do you have, and how much clearance between the caliper & rim barrel? The AO website says minimum 17", but I'd be surprised if they would fit - more likely 18" needed?

I run 18's, I use both stock R34 GTR rims and Concave Concept CC03R in 18x9. I have seen the setup with 17's but you would require a race-style 17's which provide maximum clearance.

Out of interest... Can you pull the ABS fuse and do a session and offer feedback?

If I remember next time I'm at the track I will see what I can do :)

Your original question was, will they fit behind a 17. If the website says it does then why would you be "surprised it fits"

Would have taken you less time to search what the standard Evo wheels are

Don't get cranky when it's easy to find the correct answer, especially since ITS ALREADY ON THE WEBSITE!

I run 18's, I use both stock R34 GTR rims and Concave Concept CC03R in 18x9. I have seen the setup with 17's but you would require a race-style 17's which provide maximum clearance.

Thanks - just changed from 18's to 17's on the track car to get the tyre sizes we wanted, but would love to put the brembos on.

Edited by GeeDog

Your original question was, will they fit behind a 17. If the website says it does then why would you be "surprised it fits"

Would have taken you less time to search what the standard Evo wheels are

Don't get cranky when it's easy to find the correct answer, especially since ITS ALREADY ON THE WEBSITE!

Perhaps you should read my original question again - doesn't mention "behind" anywhere. I asked about the clearance between caliper and barrel - ie diameter. The standard Evo wheels mean nothing - this kit uses calipers from early models and rotors from newer model, with a third party bracket. Thanks for the excellent info provided though, EVEN IF IT IS ALREADY ON THE INTERNET!!! Don't you be asking anyone for info again will you (particularly just after they've offered to provide it)?

Thanks - just changed from 18's to 17's on the track car to get the tyre sizes we wanted, but would love to put the brembos on.

What 17's are you running? Here is a pic with some 17x9 Enkei's fitted over the kit - http://alphaomegaracing.com/image/data/productimages/evo350brembo/wing.jpg

I'm sure if they are a known brand rim Alpha Omega would probably be able to advise if they will fit over the kit, you may need to be cautious of wheel weights though.

Forgive my ignorance, but why weight? Too much for the hat?

the little lead weights that are sometimes stuck on the inside of rims to balance them ;)

Correct, I'm referring to the lead weights used for balancing wheels when you get tires fitted :)

We've got 17" Enkei's - RP01's - so might be a goer.

I put an Akebono BBS on a 350GT a couple of years ago, didn't think to look where the weights were. They came off the first time the wheel rotated. When I got them re-balanced I got the weights put out of the way of the caliper. Interestigly they were also 350mm rotors, but even the stock 350GT rims didn't fit over the front calipers - missed by about 1-2 mm. I used a set of 350Z stock rims and they had plenty of clearance.

Prank - put the stick away - I'm done with it. Just get a bit sick of reading meaningless replies, and was in a bad mood yesterday after dealing with retards all day. Getting too old and grumpy for this shit.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

@timmy_89

I'm about to put this kit and the rear WTAC kit on my car. 

Looking at going the attkd 2 piece rotors after reading what you have posted here.

I wanted to ask where and how much the brake lines were to get made? Or is it easier to just pay the $270 for front and rear lines from Alpha omega?

On 28/07/2020 at 12:16 PM, Darmanin10 said:

@timmy_89

I'm about to put this kit and the rear WTAC kit on my car. 

Looking at going the attkd 2 piece rotors after reading what you have posted here.

I wanted to ask where and how much the brake lines were to get made? Or is it easier to just pay the $270 for front and rear lines from Alpha omega?

Have you asked AOR for a package deal or seen if they are doing any group buys? I saved a heap by emailing them and found out a group buy was underway