SAU Community

Rb27/ Rb28 Vs Staying Rb26

ibrox90

Nissan used a 2.6 L engine because of the group A rules at the time. If you look at the R34's they were using 2.8 L engines.

As for this "rev" thing, WTF. Look at the length of strokes in some of the Honda engines. They have no issue spinning to the moon.

2.8 engines even the 85 mm stroke of a RB 30 isn't particularly long.

All jokes aside, if someone said I had to go back and use a 2.6, id sell the car.

Or just buy a G6E T and be done with it.

• Like 1

Just look at the post you wrote below

One of the stupidest things I have ever read as you are implying that any engine that is rebuilt properly to the original capacity with forged internals has no benefit. Of course it is different as I have already mentioned.

Yeah and of course its the extra boost, if you can make 10psi more at the same rpm and keeping it there for longer, that's what's its all about isn't it. Just because with a stroker boost comes in 500 rpm early, doesn't mean a forged 26 drives the same as a stock 26.

Don't make up crap just to justify your own delusion or to lie just because you have a preference to stroker's characteristics. If you believe your above post then you know nothing and should not be recommending anything to a guy who wants honest advice. Your above post is just stupid.

so if we don't increase the boost it won't drive any differently to what it did before the rebuild?

Just look at the post you wrote below

One of the stupidest things I have ever read as you are implying that any engine that is rebuilt properly to the original capacity with forged internals has no benefit. Of course it is different as I have already mentioned.

Yeah and of course its the extra boost, if you can make 10psi more at the same rpm and keeping it there for longer, that's what's its all about isn't it. Just because with a stroker boost comes in 500 rpm early, doesn't mean a forged 26 drives the same as a stock 26.

Don't make up crap just to justify your own delusion or to lie just because you have a preference to stroker's characteristics. If you believe your above post then you know nothing and should not be recommending anything to a guy who wants honest advice. Your above post is just stupid.

While I respect your point and throughout the thread I've enjoyed and taken on the info you've put up...

i think you'll find that ALOT in this thread I've thrown out the word "opinion".... I want his opinion.... I just don't want it presented as fact.

Chill out mate .

Can you explain why and on what points you believe that r32 25t's points are "deluded" ???

• Like 1

FFS mate go back and read the original post. Where are the opinions ? wheres their thought processes?

oh look new thread.

There's some awesome info in here and a lot of what I've wanted and varying and differing opinions which is great.

However as always with SAU lately it just turns into a cock measuring contest full of knobs presenting their opinion as fact and the cocky i know everything types.

Some solid info here.

As for a forged 26 being the same as stock and feeling stock..... surely with strong components one would fire in more boost( air), more fuel and more revs. So its more of an animal.

Does anyone find that while the 2.8 is larger capacity and more low down torque that it feels at all sluggish being larger capacity? Like does the longer stroke inhibit its capacity to rev freely .

my issue is in the back of my mind.... if the 2.8 is so ducks nuts awesome...... why did nissan build a 2.6........ if all it needs is a different crank.....

If you're making more torque or power at a lower rpm, you will be moving quicker. So it won't feel sluggish.

While I respect your point and throughout the thread I've enjoyed and taken on the info you've put up...

i think you'll find that ALOT in this thread I've thrown out the word "opinion".... I want his opinion.... I just don't want it presented as fact.

Chill out mate .

Can you explain why and on what points you believe that r32 25t's points are "deluded" ???

This sums it up.

post-89815-1440326810587_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Chill out mate .

Hi, I had a built 26 but it had an old T78-33D on it and it was so bad to drive as a Street car.

I then changed the cams and turbo and it was much better, but if you had seen any of my posts you will know that I was always chasing response, I did not care about getting the BIG top end HP and revving the shit out of it, but it was what I wanted.

Finally I did a 3.2 stroker and after a lot of stuffing around to get what I wanted, an R34GTR that drives the way "I" want. 974Nm @ 5250rpm , 260kw @ 4000rpm on 98 and 320kw on E85 but still going to 475kw, like yourself, E85 is hard to come by where I live . My limiter is set around 8000rpm.

In my opinion, from what "you have said" and you are going to build your motor anyway, I would go at least to a 28 , or bigger. Still should be able to get your revs that you like and look the same.

It is a pretty heavy car and the extra CCs help to get it going and much nicer to drive as a DD. But I have not driven a well made 26 and can only talk about my experience.

• Like 5

Hi, I had a built 26 but it had an old T78-33D on it and it was so bad to drive as a Street car.

I then changed the cams and turbo and it was much better, but if you had seen any of my posts you will know that I was always chasing response, I did not care about getting the BIG top end HP and revving the shit out of it, but it was what I wanted.

Finally I did a 3.2 stroker and after a lot of stuffing around to get what I wanted, an R34GTR that drives the way "I" want. 974Nm @ 5250rpm , 260kw @ 4000rpm on 98 and 320kw on E85 but still going to 475kw, like yourself, E85 is hard to come by where I live . My limiter is set around 8000rpm.

In my opinion, from what "you have said" and you are going to build your motor anyway, I would go at least to a 28 , or bigger. Still should be able to get your revs that you like and look the same.

It is a pretty heavy car and the extra CCs help to get it going and much nicer to drive as a DD. But I have not driven a well made 26 and can only talk about my experience.

^^^^^^^ this is how folks should post ^^^^^^^^

• Like 2

Yeah but your 26 set up was rubbish so your only experience with a 26 is the crap set up you had. Based on this you shouldn't even have an opinion on a proper 26 setup. Your bolt ons were crap and your clutch belonged in the tip. No wonder you couldn't drive the thing.

Your set up was a half arsed drag setup that was shit for the street... Not even close to a forged 26 with a proper street set up.

E3AD2B9E-D63F-4D1D-A1EA-C2DC0B8B8518_zps

Built 2.6 vs 2.8

Same duration cams

Same fuel

Same dyno and tuner

Same turbo's

Same ECU

Not sure what you'd prefer....

I'll give you a guess which engine is which..

Carry on...

• Like 7

Yeah but your 26 set up was rubbish so your only experience with a 26 is the crap set up you had. Based on this you shouldn't even have an opinion on a proper 26 setup. Your bolt ons were crap and your clutch belonged in the tip. No wonder you couldn't drive the thing.

Your set up was a half arsed drag setup that was shit for the street... Not even close to a forged 26 with a proper street set up.

You need to open your eyes and read what is said before you make stupid comments and put the bottle away for tonight .

I said that my 26 was a heap of shit the way it was set up, but it was like that when I bought it and I did not know what a good 26 would drive like and could only give an oppinion based on MY experience.

I was talking to Cutty about my car and what I did and the results achieved to give him an idea of how different set ups work.

Instead of being a bully , just give him your experience and show him the results you have gotten from your well built 26, I am sure it would be more help than having a go at me and everyone could learn something from you?

Here in Tas our fastest skyline, which is similar paced to a current spec V8 Supercar, is still a 2.6 and a gts.

It'll depend on all other components and matching their efficiency together to get a desired result. With this skyline, being gts it struggled with putting power down so the 2.6 was desirable to get linear power and to minimise torque while still making big horsepower.

Can you fking read? That is exactly what his post says mate. Look very closely at his last sentence.

Your opinion doesn't count because your a retard

So in his opinion which is based on a crap 26 set up is to build a 28 or higher...... Mmmmm that's logical. Pretty much on par with the prior stupid statements on a forged 26 having no advantage over a stock 26.

To the op if you really are uncertain of which way to go then go and meet some guys in you area with built 26 and 28 and make your decision based what you like instead of listening to half the dribble posted here.

Here in Tas our fastest skyline, which is similar paced to a current spec V8 Supercar, is still a 2.6 and a gts.

It'll depend on all other components and matching their efficiency together to get a desired result. With this skyline, being gts it struggled with putting power down so the 2.6 was desirable to get linear power and to minimise torque while still making big horsepower.

But its also an air shifted flappy paddle Hollinger, that makes over 600kw on 28psi, runs 35psi on the track and is single turbo.

E3AD2B9E-D63F-4D1D-A1EA-C2DC0B8B8518_zps

Built 2.6 vs 2.8

Same duration cams

Same fuel

Same dyno and tuner

Same turbo's

Same ECU

Not sure what you'd prefer....

I'll give you a guess which engine is which..

Carry on...

On the sheet it states you have used different E content so the dyno is not a fair comparison.

That sounds great, but a 26 with BIG HP and linear sounds like a difficult thing to acheive , like to see the specs and get a look at a Dyno for a reference . Do you have anything to look at ?

On the sheet it states you have used different E content so the dyno is not a fair comparison.

you are clutching at straws

You've stated yourself that a built 2.6 is only better then a stock one due to outside influences (boost increase) so if the original bolts on were used and the boost left at the same level, there would be no difference in the way the car drove! Meaning my statement was and is 100% accurate

LOL! SERIOUSLY?! What do you think would change dramatically with the tune with higher E content?

Have you driven a well sorted 2.8L to compare to a 2.6L?

I don't believe you have otherwise you would not be arguing the fact that any capacity increase in a RB is nothing but a good thing?! ;)

Edited by Mick_o
  • Like 1