SAU Community

Rb27/ Rb28 Vs Staying Rb26

ibrox90

That sounds great, but a 26 with BIG HP and linear sounds like a difficult thing to acheive , like to see the specs and get a look at a Dyno for a reference . Do you have anything to look at ?

It is race car and has had a lot of R&D. I have a graph, but it's not my place to post without permission.

It's Brad Sherriff's, Piggaz knows the car I believe

Original poster looking through the arguing and the bullshit, everyone who has owned or driven both a 2.6 and a stroker has recommended the stroker, even stating they would go bigger if given the chance. A graph has even been posted up showing 2 very closely spec'd cars as a comparison.

Ultimately the choice is yours but this many people can't be wrong

• Like 1

But its also an air shifted flappy paddle Hollinger, that makes over 600kw on 28psi, runs 35psi on the track and is single turbo.

Pretty sure it's only ever seen 600kw once on the track otherwise it's only on low boost (500kw) and either way doesn't take away from the fact it is a very well engineered engine package.

That sounds great, but a 26 with BIG HP and linear sounds like a difficult thing to acheive , like to see the specs and get a look at a Dyno for a reference . Do you have anything to look at ?

I don't have any dyno sheets sorry. But it uses a precision 6466, 25neo head (for vct), drop in cams and high compression.

XGTRX

Can you just stop commenting ...

Like seriously.It's hard to appreciate a good comment when you vome in calling people retards etc.

Like really. It just doesnt set up a solid enviroment for those interested. Go trawl through ford forums and look at the way people talk to each other.

As soon as you chime in like that no one is listening.

Dont mean to be harsh but its just not positive especially when most are being modest.

you are clutching at straws

You've stated yourself that a built 2.6 is only better then a stock one due to outside influences (boost increase) so if the original bolts on were used and the boost left at the same level, there would be no difference in the way the car drove! Meaning my statement was and is 100% accurate

You are stupid or ignorant. Why the hell would you be running the same boost on a forged engine. You have a lighter, stronger and more balanced bottom end capable of running a heap more boost therefore more power and torque. Will it mean it comes on earlier or later, well that depends on the head not the bottom end and a raft of other things depending what your goals are. But the fact you are putting in more boost you probably have upward of 25% more power and torque as soon as boost comes on not including all the reliability benefits, that's everyone forges engines.

So yeah your comment was rubbish.

And as for the 26 to 28 comparison I have never ever said their is no advantage.... Of course there is because the turbos come on earlier, is it significant enough?, well that's up to what people prefer; but to say the bullshit about forged vs stock is laughable, stupid and incorrect.

Oi champo.

See solid post mate just cut the last and first sentence and your sweet.

....valium?

Your making solid point... just wind your neck in son

Edited by ibrox90

You are stupid or ignorant. Why the hell would you be running the same boost on a forged engine. You have a lighter, stronger and more balanced bottom end capable of running a heap more boost therefore more power and torque. Will it mean it comes on earlier or later, well that depends on the head not the bottom end and a raft of other things depending what your goals are. But the fact you are putting in more boost you probably have upward of 25% more power and torque as soon as boost comes on not including all the reliability benefits, that's everyone forges engines.

So yeah your comment was rubbish.

And as for the 26 to 28 comparison I have never ever said their is no advantage.... Of course there is because the turbos come on earlier, is it significant enough?, well that's up to what people prefer; but to say the bullshit about forged vs stock is laughable, stupid and incorrect.

the fact is I can do what I said on a 2.8 and see a difference but on forged 2.6 it would be exactly the same

Now does anyone leave the boost level where it use to be? No! But at the end of the day my comment is accurate and as I pointed out before and YOU have stated, the only reason the forged 2.6 has any form of increase is due to the supporting mods being changed (boost increase)

Oi champo.

See solid post mate just cut the last and first sentence and your sweet.

....valium?

Your making solid point... just wind your neck in son

No they are very relevant because they are incorrect and stupid and not based on fact but rather a delusional opinion.

And you may want to correct yourself, joey called me a retard which again is a baseless opinion.

E3AD2B9E-D63F-4D1D-A1EA-C2DC0B8B8518_zps

Built 2.6 vs 2.8

Same duration cams

Same fuel

Same dyno and tuner

Same turbo's

Same ECU

Not sure what you'd prefer....

I'll give you a guess which engine is which..

Carry on...

this shows you everything, the 2.8 has stomped the 2.6 into the ground and danced on its grave

No they are very relevant because they are incorrect and stupid and not based on fact but rather a delusional opinion.

And you may want to correct yourself, joey called me a retard which again is a baseless opinion.

Mate seriously you sound like a petulant child.

....but mummy timmy didnt agree with me.....look look everyone hes wrong snd im right.......

Not trying to a be a dick or harsh nor am i as the op trying to rule a thread. But i asked for their opinions and your being unnecessarily offensive.I asked for their opinion and their input. What i havent asked for is your opinion on their opinion.

Just stop mate. Ive said heaps of times make your point without sledging

the fact is I can do what I said on a 2.8 and see a difference but on forged 2.6 it would be exactly the same

Now does anyone leave the boost level where it use to be? No! But at the end of the day my comment is accurate and as I pointed out before and YOU have stated, the only reason the forged 2.6 has any form of increase is due to the supporting mods being changed (boost increase)

Your delusion continues, go and reread what you wrote like this

'people stay 2.6 for 2 reasons, they are tight asses and don't want to spend an extra $1000 on a rebuild (which means they should never have bought a Gtr in the first place)'

Or this

'Basically if you want to spend a load of cash to have something that's drives exactly the same as it did before leave it as a 2.6'

Your comments are far from accurate on both account.

Who the f**k would build a forged motor and leave standard boost. The whole reason anyone in the world would bother with a built engine is so they can run a heap more boost, what so when you go a stroker you keep your boost the same and don't do any supporting mods etc?

Your comments, in context, was quite clear in that to do a forged 26 setup someone is a tight arse and the car will drive the same and the forged setup will offer no performance benefit. You are inaccurate, wrong, stupid and a smart arse.

Edited by XGTRX

The fact is it will drive the same, it may make more power up high but down low it will drive exactly the same and make boost at the same time.

The fact the tight arse thing has hit such a nerve says to me YOU have put yourself in that catagory, cause in the same post it also says "or don't realize how good the stroker really is and won't spend the extra money to have one"

There is no point comparing something if it's not like for like, so stock internal 2.6 vs forged 2.6 with the same bolt ons and boost levels will be exactly the same. Fact is like for like the increased capacity engine will walk away every time

I built a 2.6L - do not regret it, Its awesome.

Could it be better - of course but where do you stop?

Talked to someone who ran a built 2.6 for 100,000km before he broke a rod. He then went 2.8L.

He said it is good but is it really that much better? He was unsure about the hype but in the end said it was worth it since it was apart.

Everything else was the same and he was in two minds about the extra $ over the actual benefits.

So if you have the money go for it. All these guys talking about if you cant afford to build a stroker you shouldn't own a GTR can piss right off by the way.

Hold on , Cutty wants some useful info?

Instead of trying to score points give him information that will help.

XGTRX, give us examples of good 26s instead of argueing with anyone with a different opinion, prove your point. Show us your specs and Dyno and let Cutty know how a 26 should be done in your oppinion

As I understand it Cutty wants a road car that he can drive around town or where ever and have a bit of fun when he wants to and as legal as possible.

My 2 cents worth, if you want the car to feel stronger from idle, stroke it and get CCs to help with the weight of these things and get it to spool ASAP. I am sure there are 26s that will do this but you need to know how, you need some info so you can have a better chance of making your mind up and getting what you want.

I think a lot of blokes do not mind a bit of lag because when it comes on, it is a BUZZ !

Now here is a chance for people with 26s that are good street cars to tell Cutty how you did it so he has a chance to see both sides of the coin.

I think you can keep it legal looking with a stroker, you cannot see what is inside an engine. There will be some blokes here that can answer that, just putting ideas out there.

Here are 2 Dynos the 1st was when I changed the cams and turbo on the 26 and it drove much better and I am sure there are ways to make it even better, the 2nd 3.2 stroker , both on 98 pump much better again in MY oppinion

post-52098-0-26747200-1440361753_thumb.jpg

post-52098-0-39195500-1440361834_thumb.jpg

I built a 2.6L - do not regret it, Its awesome.

Could it be better - of course but where do you stop?

Talked to someone who ran a built 2.6 for 100,000km before he broke a rod. He then went 2.8L.

He said it is good but is it really that much better? He was unsure about the hype but in the end said it was worth it since it was apart.

Everything else was the same and he was in two minds about the extra $ over the actual benefits.

So if you have the money go for it. All these guys talking about if you cant afford to build a stroker you shouldn't own a GTR can piss right off by the way.

"I built a 26 and it is awesome" sounds great but not helpful

JUST TELL HIM HOW YOU BUILT YOUR CAR, give the bloke some useful information!

He is going to build the motor anyway so the $s would not be a problem either way.

Well it is helpful as he was asking that very question.

Its like people just hate the 2.6L as you have to rev it. Well I like to take it out and rev it. Its what I built it for.

If I want a total response machine its the wrong car for me.

Wrong engine, Wrong era.

• Like 2

My question back to you is decide what power level you want.

I have been in both a 2.8 and have my forged 2.6 and i have no issues with the 2.6 at all.

Reason? I'm not chasing power. I have no complaints at all with how the 2.6 feels, properly tuned, with -7's. Hell on the street i can't even use the 320kw i had currently. The power delivery was extremely smooth, and the useful power band is fine for my driving style.

When rebuilding i looked into a 2.8, going out in a friends. For my goal on -7's, i decided the money was better spent in other places. And i'm still 100% happy with the decision.

I will say after you start to chase anything above 400kw the 2.8 gets more and more appealing. So again, decide on exactly what power you want first.

• Like 1

Well it is helpful as he was asking that very question.

Its like people just hate the 2.6L as you have to rev it. Well I like to take it out and rev it. Its what I built it for.

If I want a total response machine its the wrong car for me.

Wrong engine, Wrong era.

I understand what you are saying, I was one of the blokes that bought the wrong car and it was my fault for listening to the bullshit from Phil Lee , instead of doing my homework :spank:

My question back to you is decide what power level you want.

I have been in both a 2.8 and have my forged 2.6 and i have no issues with the 2.6 at all.

Reason? I'm not chasing power. I have no complaints at all with how the 2.6 feels, properly tuned, with -7's. Hell on the street i can't even use the 320kw i had currently. The power delivery was extremely smooth, and the useful power band is fine for my driving style.

When rebuilding i looked into a 2.8, going out in a friends. For my goal on -7's, i decided the money was better spent in other places. And i'm still 100% happy with the decision.

I will say after you start to chase anything above 400kw the 2.8 gets more and more appealing. So again, decide on exactly what power you want first.

It is good to hear some real answers to the original question.

Cutty said he wants response, can a properly built 26 give him the response he is after and boost early. Sorry I have to ask, because I do not know the answers and feel sure he would like to know how to do it.

From the start with my 26, it had more power than I could use, maybe I went into overkill zone with the 3.2 but I have to say, it is a joy to drive. The difference is, I can use the power in lower gears without launching it. It gets going very early in the rev range and goes to the limiter , I aked Jez, he said it is set at 7600rpm. So my car now feels good from idle to 7600, how good is that :wub:

• Like 1

I understand what you are saying, I was one of the blokes that bought the wrong car and it was my fault for listening to the bullshit from Phil Lee , instead of doing my homework :spank:

It is good to hear some real answers to the original question.

Cutty said he wants response, can a properly built 26 give him the response he is after and boost early. Sorry I have to ask, because I do not know the answers and feel sure he would like to know how to do it.

From the start with my 26, it had more power than I could use, maybe I went into overkill zone with the 3.2 but I have to say, it is a joy to drive. The difference is, I can use the power in lower gears without launching it. It gets going very early in the rev range and goes to the limiter , I aked Jez, he said it is set at 7600rpm. So my car now feels good from idle to 7600, how good is that :wub:

Short answer for response on a 26?

Yes. Yes you can. I have zero issues with response on my R.

But again, i'm running -7's and only 320kw. Not massive power.

• Like 2