SAU Community

Precision 6466 Which Rear Housing Size?

Hi all

I am looking at PT 6466 GEN2 ball bearing turbo for my car , I have heard they come on similar or bit earlier than my -5s. Its mostly weekend car .

It is R33 GTR with full 2.7 NITTO kit , heavily ported head with all the usual head parts and all other supporting mods it did 370 KW @24psi on 98 . Its getting E85 upgraded and will be good for +600 to 700kw or just add more pumps for more .

Looking for mid 500KW to mid 600KW power range .

-I'm not sure what rear housing to go for 0.84 1.0 or 1.15 ?

I will get 6 Boost manifold and will upgrade the exhaust from 3 1/2" to 4".

-Also should I go with single 50mm waste gate or twin gate ?

All your thoughts and expertise is appreciated .

PS looked at 26 upgrades but only the old 6466 and no info on rear housing size .

Cheers

Bruce

• 4 years later...

I've gone the 6466 divided 1.00 a/r exhaust housing on a Nitto 2.8. Exhaust is 90mm front pipe into twin parallel 75mm cats, into 100mm catback. Will report back when I have the E85 tune.

Will be getting tune done by Con at CRD. All reported as being able to max out around for 600kw on roller dyno (depending on engine, cams, yada yada)

• 1 month later...
On 29/08/2019 at 10:34 AM, BK said:

I've gone the 6466 divided 1.00 a/r exhaust housing on a Nitto 2.8. Exhaust is 90mm front pipe into twin parallel 75mm cats, into 100mm catback. Will report back when I have the E85 tune.

Will be getting time done by Con at CRD. All reported as being able to max out around for 600kw on roller dyno (depending on engine, cams, yada yada)

keen to see your results mate, about to pull the trigger on a 1.15 rear housing 

have a .84 for circuit work and 1.15 for everything else. 

So am I. I just haven't been able to get over to the east coast with my car get on the dyno yet. Living here is a real pain in the arse when your closest dyno is 1500km away in Adelaide...

2 hours ago, Taha said:

Cool whens your car hit the dyno

I dont know, just need to arrange to get car to Sydney. I did get to see Con at CRD last month when I flew into Sydney and talk about it, but I'm an idiot and now have a 2nd R32 GTR after that. Bought one with a blown engine and T78 so now have another big project without getting my 6466 tune finalised. It will be a priority early in the new year definitely, as this year is pretty much over now.

So I have 2 x Wrx's and 3 x GTR's now and not enough time to work on them all....