SAU Community

Rb26/30 R33 Gts-t Built Auto Drag Toy

Well,

7 months ago I was made an offer on my R33 GTR that I could not turn down! After watching her been towed away I had made the decision to put the profits back into the house.....well that's what I told myself I was gonna do!!! One of my good mates had made the decision not to continue on in the car seen, so after some negotiating we made an offer on what you see here. To start with most of the car was built by the previous owner, how ever some loss of interested saw it go a little south. Determined to have a car for this years powercruise I set myself that challenge to get this bad boy back up to scratch....

Car is running a built Rb26/30 and 300zx 4spd built box with a 5000rpm stall converter + transbreak

Morning of picker the car up

1ruvcl.jpg

Started straight away with tearing it down

15hk5ys.jpg

The car came with a few extra goodies

2wd672d.jpg

Started stripping the car and cleaning the enigne bay for paint

21bjhv7.jpg

2mrbihf.jpg

Chose the same colour as my new Jeep so it would match while towing :)

mvjhus.jpg

Engine bay now painted

vgqkn.jpg

2udvvav.jpg

Painted the engine covers at the same time

302ru2t.jpg

2wd9j02.jpg

Decided to open the motor up and have a look around. Good thing we did as we found some bearing wear. All new bearings and main studs fitted.

11rreht.jpg

While we were there fitted a tomei oil pump, Kulig Engineering crank trigger kit and customer enlarged sump and ATI balancer

2v1ry4p.jpg

2uj49ih.jpg

k4fceg.jpg

Once the engine bay was finished being painted we moved onto the new turbo, manifold and wastegate for the car

33k7reb.jpg

though about a GTX but decided we didnt need it

1zq4tu0.jpg

Moved onto the intercooler piping and started painting everything we could in black

mmbma9.jpg

20h9bww.jpg

Made up a new air intake

2cofzf4.jpg

9asqy1.jpg

97urzn.jpg

A before and after transformation

nh1fk8.jpg

Decided to add some carbon fibre to break the black and grey up

30db6gk.jpg

Need to try and fit some 275's under it

149778p.jpg

Well after playing around the inside I had to pay the outside some attention so we gave her a quite paint over a weekend

2rrql1z.jpg

28milus.jpg

On our way to get her tuned

29aqtqb.jpg

After driver 3 1/2 hours from Brisbane to Hervey Bay so Brad at Turning Point could get his tune on, dropped the car off and left it in Brads hands to get her sorted. The boys did come into some issues with the car and we had changed a few things from previous but this was to be expected. The car was running 1000cc sard injectors witch were swapped out for some bosch 1700s that I had but unfortunately they didnt want to play ball. After chagning all the plugs etc for the bosch injectors we had to change them back to the 1000's. On E85 the car stands at 630rwhp which should be nice to drive with the built 4spd 300zx box behind her!!!

Will post some video's of the tune once I have some..

Edited by johnbarry88
  • Like 8