SAU Community

Rb26/30 R33 Gts-t Built Auto Drag Toy

• 2 weeks later...

Well with powercruise 56 done and dusted I'm now in the process of getting the car ready to take to the drag strip. The car performed fantastic all weekend and was great being able to drive a fast car again. We do have some oiling issues to sort out but we know what needs to be done. Currently looking at fixing the transbrake and hooking up nitrous to get the car on converter for future powercruise events. I weighed the car at the track and came in at 1330kg so also looking at taking some weight out and try to run a decent pass before we need to cage it. Fuel system will need a rehash and the old tank will be deleted etc. Yes the paint survived the side pipe action although a couple of arms hanging out the window may not have, will run the screamer up below the dump at some stage.

post-11029-0-79703500-1442812726_thumb.jpg

post-11029-0-03197100-1442812736_thumb.jpg

post-11029-0-08526800-1442812742_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well after long consideration and time wasting I've come up with the fuel system for car. We have decided to go with a mechanical fuel pump setup that's driven by the intake cam shaft. This setup should see us never run out of fuel and will cut the electrical load on the car dramatically. At this point in time the fuel tank will be taken out of the car and a new 30L fuel cell and lift pump setup will be installed, stay tuned!

post-11029-0-07161400-1443394778_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Full interior no cage atm (1330kg). I'm in the process of stripping the interior and so far with the passengers front seat, all seat belts, rear seats and some plastic trims I've taken an extra 34kg's. Will leave the dash pad and centre console in adding 2 Kirkey seats + harness bar. Will try and do a full pass without a cage to see what it does. Side pipe will have a matching 2.5" screamer poking out below it at some point!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...