SAU Community

My R33 Gtst (weekend/trackday)

Greetings from Holland.

Im new here but I wanted to share my car project with you guys :)

Registered some time ago and came here because of the massive BW EFR tread haha.

Been reading a lot and now I think its time for my project tread to be put on here.

There is no real deadline since im pretty bussy with work the last year so there is no real progress made since half a year ago only scavenging for parts.

So here's the story.

3 year ago I purchased a crappy r33 gts-t.
Engine needed to be swapped because the other one was crappy.(died after the first month and hardly driven it)

Some pictures of the car and blow and other engine :)

b8nz2d.jpg

5un702.jpg

Engine RIP :'(
10rlbf5.jpg

359eipe.jpg

2mgplp0.jpg

So I bought a rb25 with forged internals.

cp pistons/eagle rods/arp studs/acl bearings/steal headgasket.

ri9fe9.jpg

1060y7l.jpg

Did some driving around for almost 2 years without any real mods and then after 2 years the clutch was beginning to slip.

After some thinking and going to events where they had track days and time attack I made the choice to build myself a fast weekend/trackday car.

Befor I put the car away for a while so I could save up for some money for the parts I went for a engine checkup and with that checkup it came clear that it was better to rebuild the engine.

Compression and leaktest shown that it would be better to do so and there were some marks in some of the cilinder walls so there goes Bore 87mm :P,

So I brought the car to a mate's race teams warehouse where he is head mechanic and left it there for a while so I could save up and work on it when we had the chance to.

The main thing about this project is that I want to do all the things myself that I am capable of, and if not my mate will be standing by.

We cant do everything ourselfs but what we can do will ultimatly save a lot of money.

mjx24i.jpg

So when im not that bussy at work we will yank the engine out and start rebuilding.
Car will be build for street/circuit(trackdays)

Power goal 650hp and anything above will just make me happier :D

Speclist for engine how I see it(may change a little depending the wait of the parts)

RB26 crankshaft balanced
JE pistons 87mm bore (rb26)
Cometic head gasket (size ?? )
Eagle H beams
ACL bearings
Borg Warner EFR 8374 IWG
6boost manifold
3,5" exhaust system
Greddy intake
N1 waterpump
Nitto oil pump
Topfeed fuel rail
1000cc injectors (if e85 I need a bit bigger)
Fuel system still under advisement thinking about Holley dominator 1400 pump
modified oilpan
Xtreme clutch 230mm

Head
Supertech single springs
Camtech 268* 9mm
HKS exhaust gear
HKS belt
Custom rockerscovers with an10 fitings at the back and copied Mine baffle plates installed
Cilinderhead ported/polished

Ecu thinking about Link g4.

With the chassis, exterior and interior.
Still road legal

Chassis will be stripped down.
Rust will be cut out and welded
Rollcage (maybe bolt in)
Bodykit Vertex with rocket bunny v2 style fenders

Custom made rocket bunny style drift wing

Colors some mix of black and orange.

Cosmis wheels

JBT big brake set 355mm 6pot front and 355 4 pot rear.

Driftwork arm kit

Lots more that I cant think of anymore.

Pictures of taking out the engine

zohjrb.jpg
(wings are rotted to the chassis :P will have to take a flex to get them off haha )

20tqxkk.jpg

20zoi6r.jpg

2wom0xx.jpg

n1phya.jpg

So this was one of the last steps till we both had no more time on our hands the last 6 or so months.

To busy with work and other stuff.

So on towards some of the nice parts I have been collecting for the build.

Here is the Nitto oil pump

2ibzubn.jpg

JBT big brake kit

2r4qs0l.jpg

6Boost manifold (real piece of work)

14do65c.jpg

14abx8k.jpg

2eunddz.jpg

119zcxw.jpg

And last but not least the master piece.

Borg Warner EFR 8374 IWG next to the 7670 which i bought on impuls (it fits my nickname)

2lc70uf.jpg

970h1v.jpg

23vygps.jpg

262bbk0.jpg

So this is what I have up to today.

Yesterday the deal was made with garage7 for a set of Camtech rb25 vct cams 268/9mm which will be here in about 3 to 4 weeks.

When its a bit more quiet at work afther the summer is over I will go and take apart the engine and take the engine to a machine shop for the overbore and valve angle job of the head.

This is it for now.
Hope to keep you updated as much as possible.

Greetzz

Ps. please dont be a grammar nazi (I did my best with my English :P )

Edited by Impulse-NL
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

So I just received my cams and im not really happy.

I mailed with garage 7 for a set of cams with vct option and asked a couple of times about it and they confirmed that it was possible to get these.

When opening the box it became clear they were not vct able :(

3vlvr.jpg

9tddfr.jpg

smyfco.jpg

As you can see both for adustable camgears.

Have mailed Evan @ Garage 7 already and hoping for a good solution because I just payed 180+ euro's import tax for these cams that are not right.

:(

Edited by Impulse-NL
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news regarding the cams.
Camtech agnolished their mistake and is making an intake cam to send to me when its ready.

Good and fast service from Garage7 and camtech.

In 2 weeks im going to rip apart the block and hope to get it machined the same week (if possible)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So last week I got the VCT intake cam from Camtech :) this time it was the right one :D

2ln72g8.jpg

Yesterday we disassembled the engine and messured the cilinders.

Cilinders were in very nice shape even the bearings looked perfect as did the pistons(apart from some carbon buildup)

But there was a feelable mark in 1 of the cilinders (that were seen on an engine check some time ago)

This was one of the reasons I wanted to freshen things up and bore 87 and oversized pistons.

fmkw90.jpg

2yoqpfo.jpg

21mgu9t.jpg

2gy9iqg.jpg

Next week im am going to clean the block and measure for the right size of bearings for the rb26 crankshaft.

Edited by Impulse-NL
  • Like 1