SAU Community

V36 Centre Console Buttons Not Working?

Fry_33

Hi All,

I have a 2008 V36 SP (BOSE + NAVI) and the 6 buttons on both sides of the centre control dial have stopped working (TV AUX, CARWINGS etc). All A/C functions functions seem to work fine. The control dial and buttons on it still work. The DISC, FM-AM, ESC and Hazard buttons below the dial all work still.

I noticed they weren't working when the passenger mirror camera didn't come on when I hit the button, then realised it was all these buttons. I have checked the fuses I thought might be involved and found no blown ones. I figured if it was a fuse though that there would be a bunch of other functions not working in the dash.

Has anyone else had these buttons fail or even a control module for the buttons fail?

I haven't ever taken apart the dash in this so it's not from me messing with something.. no issues for the ~2 years I've had it.

Hopefully someone might have experienced and fixed this too.

Cheers

Have heard of those panels frying circuits so maybe worth a shot to try connecting another unit if you have a friend with same car or find one at a wreckers. Not hard to open either prob 5 mins job.

Thanks, don't know anyone locally with one so I figure I'll just bite the bullet and grab another one from somewhere. I need to rip it out and check the number on the back to make sure but I am thinking it could be 28395-JK05B based on some online info.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case it helps someone else.. the buttons have come good... maybe there is a dry solder joint or something? It's been fine again for over a week now. I didn't even open up the dash... fingers crossed it keeps working.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...