SAU Community

Thoughts On This R34 Gt-r?

I believe he has paper work etc.

So are you saying a new boot lock is all that's needed? That doesn't seem too bad at all. Thanks for that.

It's currently making a bit less as he has the silent exhaust on it, 411hp, around 310 on 18psi.

He's going to put the Tomei back on and have it dyno'd/checked/retuned at 20psi.

Power seems about right on 98 octane. I have no e85 from the pump here so 98 is fine for me.

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/407595-how-can-i-open-my-boot/

I believe so, check out the above link. I know you can rekey the ignition to match the existing key, but wasn't sure about the rest of the car.

Yeah I assumed 20psi and checked with the dyno thread, there was one with -5's and similar mods pulling 350 at 20psi.

Get some more photos when you view the car, would be good to see how you follow this one through - daresay if you end up buying this one, i trust that there will be a projects thread?

Haven't had any response from Jap History check yet, only the auto email to say we'll do a preliminary check and come back to you.

I'll be on Holiday from the 18th and will be within 4.5hrs drive of the cars location during that trip so I'm contemplating driving up on one of the days to see the car rather than waiting til early October and having to fly.

I also received this, I'm awaiting more info on proof of parts used (pistons bearings etc).

post-23873-0-67861100-1441753908_thumb.jpg

Edited by ActionDan

They do a preliminary check to make sure they can source enough information before they carry out the check.

They do this because some history of cars dating back a certain year is not available and they can't always find everything.

So instead of charging you to find nothing they check first before billing you I guess.

You just need to be patient. Overall probably took 1 week roughly to get all the documentation I needed from initial request.

Got a reply from jap history and paid (got a 10 discount lol).

Preliminary details show car leaving in 2008 from HAA Kobe.

Pretty sure he said he bought it in 2011 but has all the paperwork - dereg etc so will be interesting to see if it matches.

Also confirmed rb30 short motor included. Spool parts apparently, he's finding receipts but said he still has the boxes for pistons etc.

Will add some more photos he sent me tomorrow for you guys to critique, including undercarriage.

the history check will confirm the kms but as far as imports go you really have to judge the car on its merits regardless of kms.

if the respray and engine set up dont bother you, id be interested in ensuring the car is straight/accident free.

you have the remeber the sort of car you are buying. its a sports car that was built to be murdered on the street and track. its not going to be perfect.

it comes down to preference. buying a modded car is cheaper from the get go but personally id prefer to purchase an honest original car and tidy it up.