Jump to content
SAU Community

Please help

Recommended Posts


Can someone tell me what this hose connects to from the intercooler pipe in the pic below??

As my new intercooler pipe doesnt have a small pipe to put the hose onto

Is it important?

my cars an r34 - that pic is from an r33




Link to comment
Share on other sites

it connects from the outlet side of the stock cooler to the throttle body / plenum

air pipe -> afm -> turbo charger -> piping -> cooler -> piping -> throttle body -> plenum

xxxxxxx -> xxx -> xxxxxxxxxxxx -> xxxxxxx -> xxxxxx -> pipe in red is here -> xxxxxxx -> xxxxxxx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you referring to the pipe that has the "Air Inlet" or "Vacuum hose"?

I thought you mean the larger "Air Inlet" hose

If Air Inlet: it goes the throttle body / inlet plenum

If Vacuum Host: it looks like it goes the boost controller, will get a pic of mine tongiht from rb25det

Link to comment
Share on other sites

no problems. on my rb25det there is a small tube running to the intercooler piping which goes to the throttle body. the small tube you are talking about goes the the factory boost solenoid. Im not sure how and why its such a small tube and yet it manages to control boost to 7psi (lacking knowledge of air pressure stuff) but thats where it goes

will try nad get a pic tonight or tomorrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

are you using a boost controller?

if not, you put a 6mm hose from that nipple directly to the wastegate. if you are using a BC its a little more complicated. and yes, you must have a pressure signal for the wastegate so you'll need to put one in your pipe. hybrid kit i bet isn't it?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...