SAU Community

My Nismo R32 Gt-r Restoration Project In The Us

4 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Nice. Was it from Hong Kong? Lol.

It was actually from someone local here in Arizona. A friend put me in touch with a friend of his that had bought the very last Nismo intercooler that RHDJapan had a couple of years ago and was planning to put it in his R32 but he changed his plans. My friend told him about my Nismo project and he offered the intercooler to me for less than he had it advertised. I just got super lucky to get it :)

1 hour ago, Wayne. said:

man this build is awesome, posting for mooore

Glad you like it! I'll keep updating as work progresses.

On 7/28/2016 at 0:08 PM, niZmO_Man said:

Sometimes, you get lucky and have to splash out on something. I know I did when I had to spend way more than I wanted to at the time for my LMGT1s. JUST DO IT.

Good build, keep it up haha.

That's basically what happened with this intercooler. At first I was hesitating because I didn't know how much more I'd have to spend to finish the build and I was trying to be thrifty for a bit but the guy offered me such a fair price I thought I'd be crazy to pass up this chance to get a new-in-box Nismo IC lol.

• 1 month later...

Quick progress update on the R32 – the car is now at Black Market Racing in Phoenix, Arizona and they've been gradually finishing up the jobs that were left over when my local friend had to leave.

The turbo kit is pretty much all assembled along with the new custom intakes and IC piping plus the Nismo intercooler that I mentioned before. The finishing touches on the new fuel system such as the new TurboSmart fuel regulator are done and they're in the process of wiring up all the sensors for the ProEFI standalone ECU. The Leask Spec catch can is also installed.

Still quite a few little jobs left to do and a few needed parts to acquire but the end seems finally genuinely in sight. If it weren't for Black Market having to finish some other cars that were ahead of me and are on a much tighter deadline the car might even be done by now but I'd rather they take their time to do it right.

More pics and info on my blog of course:

http://www.23gt.net/2016/09/progress-bar-r32-part-13-black-market.html

_DSC0557_zpsi7tlm8lo.jpg

_DSC0473_zpslkd4b3dv.jpg

_DSC0561_zps9ahyovsi.jpg

_DSC1375_zpsmekat9cy.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I posted an update. I was hoping my next post would be to announce that the engine build was done and the car was running strong but we're not quite there yet.

_DSC6033.jpg

Looks fairly complete right? That's because it is and we're just waiting for some final details to get done before she starts up and gets tuned. All the fluids are being put in already and if we can get a couple of final parts in she may even start up and be ready for tuning this week. Fingers crossed lol.

As before, more pics and details are on my blog:

http://www.23gt.net/2016/12/progress-bar-r32-part-14-close-but-no.html

Hopefully I can report soon that I got a nice Christmas gift in that my R32's running :)

_DSC6100.jpg

_DSC6070.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
Been a while since I posted an update. I was hoping my next post would be to announce that the engine build was done and the car was running strong but we're not quite there yet.
_DSC6033.jpg
Looks fairly complete right? That's because it is and we're just waiting for some final details to get done before she starts up and gets tuned. All the fluids are being put in already and if we can get a couple of final parts in she may even start up and be ready for tuning this week. Fingers crossed lol.
As before, more pics and details are on my blog:
http://www.23gt.net/2016/12/progress-bar-r32-part-14-close-but-no.html
Hopefully I can report soon that I got a nice Christmas gift in that my R32's running [emoji4]
_DSC6100.jpg
_DSC6070.jpg

I forgot how hot that Tomei Ti looks.

Expect many sonic booms from this baby mate
  • Like 1

Quick update on my R32's progress. Everything is pretty much ready for her to fire up but the cam angle sensor doesn't seem to want to play nice :( Waiting to get that sorted. More info on the blog of course plus some pics of a nice RB26-swapped 300ZX:

http://www.23gt.net/...4-sensored.html

Hopefully I'll have better news soon. Fingers and toes crossed!

_DSC2337.jpg

_DSC2314.jpg

On 3/25/2017 at 3:16 PM, Ants said:

I forgot how hot that Tomei Ti looks.

Expect many sonic booms from this baby mate

Thanks! I hope I can get to hear those sonic booms soon lol.

• 2 years later...

Hello everybody! I'm bringing this thread back to life after a VERY long hiatus. I had to step away from the car scene for a while for various reasons but I slowly kept progressing on my Nismo R32 project. Lots of stuff has happened since my last update - the main thing being that it's running and has dynoed just over 500 whp. The interior is now complete again too but there are still more finishing touches to be done like replacing the AC compressor that broke, doing some suspension tweaks, and installing a new carbon hood.

I'm hoping to do a more thorough update once the hood is on but in the meantime here are some teaser photos and if anyone wants more detail as to my long hiatus feel free to check out my blog at 23GT.net

image.thumb.png.7ac0a3ef9cb6cae4da9fd2867352f758.png

image.thumb.png.bba9b86d0c7322295002c7cf7d4779d7.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 8:24 PM, PranK said:

Nice. It looks great!

Engine looks really clean, badge is nice and noticable. 

Thanks! I'm hoping I can get some time soon to post better pictures.

• 2 months later...

Finally had a chance to do a proper photoshoot of the car and post an update on my blog.

spacer.png

The biggest milestone since I seemingly fell off the face of the Earth was the engine work being completed by Black Market Racing in Phoenix where the car put out a healthy 517 whp. Not bad for a nearly three-decade old car :)

spacer.png

I picked her back up from their shop April of last year and since then have been piecing the interior back together as well as returning some exterior elements that were missing like the front grill, fender liners, badges, and so forth. I also recently had a carbon hood put on.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

She's fairly complete now but there's still a few more finishing touches to sort out – most importantly replacing the AC compressor which is an absolute necessity here in Southwest Arizona where the temps put the lava pits of Mordor to shame.

More details and pics here on my blog post.

• Like 4

On 7/23/2019 at 1:41 AM, Steve85 said:

This is one of the nicest cars I've seen in the US. I love it!!! Nice work.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:57 PM, PranK said:

Damn it looks fantastic! Well done. 

Thanks for the kind words guys! It's been a long hard slog to get her to this point and there's still some tweaks left to do but I'm happy to at least have saved her from the sad state she was in before :)

• Like 1