SAU Community

Introducing 'daisy' The Gtr

DJBarnstar

-7's on 98 wont make 320-330

or

-7's on ethanol wont make 367

or both?

on top of Dyno's being a tuning tool.

Never had same results from different shops. I have Dyno charts that vary by 50kws

R/R seems average for ESP

Shoot 6F not 8 as it is sometimes to give better readings.

I don't know the capability of -7's on ethanol. What is their max?

Look Team,

Iv'e had heaps of fast cars, and this one seems nice and punchy. Even if it's within 10% who cares... It's still a built GTR.....That runs on Ethanol and a Haltech.

Feel free to meet me on the 24th of Jan at Wakefield for the fifth gear trackday. I'll be there as per usual, not hating on a keyboard.

Cheers. James

• Like 1

Great power James. You were a monster on the track day and given this power you'll be hitting 1:06's on the 24th? haha

Don't worry about the haters, everyone is going to have their opinion with a select few actually giving a thumbs up. I think people take it personally when a tuner gets more power out of something someone else couldn't. Should've seen what people said when I got a PowerFC as an ECU haha !

Might come down and watch on the 24th :)

• Like 1

not hating.

just saying that dont be disappointed when it doesnt run 130mph at the strip.

Also

esp is at 1800ft elevation and its summer.

so add 6% to that power figure for sea level conditions....makes it 390rwkws....

from -7s @23psi

but is wasnt the peak figure that made me say -5s it was the shape of the curve

• Like 1

not sure why everyone is on the defensive bandwagon lol isn't the whole point of a forum is to share info so we see what setups work for others, nice GTR much better track car than the 4 door :nyaanyaa:

not sure why everyone is on the defensive bandwagon lol isn't the whole point of a forum is to share info so we see what setups work for others, nice GTR much better track car than the 4 door :nyaanyaa:

Exactly,

I'm not trying to take anything away from James' car.

Id be happy to own it myself.

But when a dyno sheet pops up with 40kws more than every other -7 2.6 setup out there, and there are lots, there will be people who ask questions.

• Like 1

When I went searching for results for E85 on dash 7's I couldn't find any. Most peeps seem to go bigger, but they were already on the car so why not give it a crack.

Obviously I had it flex tuned and on 98 it made 300kw which seems normal. Perhaps -7's just respond well to E85.

As this was my old car I can confirm the -7's. The higher compression pistons probably help too. As for dynos when this car was running 98 it made 310kws at JEM and 296kws at ESP, so i belive it. Also wish I had gone the E85 route now....

Happy to see you looking after the car man.

• Like 1

Yeah but what we find here is arm chair experts that have never owned a GTR in their lives basing opinions on what they've read rather than real results.

It's not that different from results i had with -7s from a totally different workshop. I wasn't on E85 yet I had significant more work than most people with those turbos (head work, cams, 2.8 etc).

• Like 1

^^ Hey Shaun,

Well, I was told by ESP that the center diff, or is it transfer case, needs some love, (a change of fluids) and is causing the wobblieness on the graph, so maybe do both at once? haha

But really right now it is frighteningly quick as is. Very different car now. The E85 makes it come on boost a lot quicker and ramps harder.

Feel free if you want to come visit, and i'll take you for a spin.

James