SAU Community

Dba 4000 T3 Rotors - Catastrophic Failure At Track

dan.1337

Far out! Any updates from DBA?

Nope! Contacted them two weeks ago asking about any results from their internal investigations and to follow up the replacement rotors but have had radio silence. Will follow up again.

sooo they promised you a new set of rotors and now they've gone silent without sending you the rotors or even an explanation and it's been > 3 weeks?

they sure sound like a great company to deal with :unsure:

Had a mate recently have a problem with a dba t3 which we suspected had warped. He went to repco who made contact for him and dba sent a replacement rotor straight up - despite the purchase being 2 months past the warranty.

Interestingly, he was also running the 324mm rotor with the "dogbone" spacer on gts-t calipers

I've run T3 Clubs on my HSV. 365mm though.

4 track days (and 10k street kms) with 2 tonnes worth of car and plenty of HP so big stops always - No issues/cracks to report and I can tell you, my brakes get farken hot in the big tanker :)

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke with the DBA rep and he said that they're still continuing their investigations with metallurgical testing being conducted now. It appears that it could be a one off incident with my rotors as they haven't seen anything like it before.

I also received the replacement set of rotors, which I have put up for sale as I'll be looking into a different braking package as I get faster around the track.

When I hear back on what their engineers say, I'll post it up here.

• 4 years later...

Hey mate, have you heard back? This just cemented my decision - Sticking to OEM. Was thinking of making a minor upgrade to these slotted ones...but won't now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just get DBA4000 standard, ie no slots no cross drilled.

I always use them (car is 70% track 30% street), and all my racing mates too. 

Have seen small fractures appear on heavily worn slotted ones however never seen any issues with the non slotted ones.

OEM is great, however the cooling characteristics of the DBA4000/5000 are greater due to the increased surface area in the cooling channels.

• Like 1