SAU Community

Should i order a FMIC from Japan?

Thinking about ordering a HKS Type R 600x300x103mm intercooler kit ($1600 through greenline) for HCR32 as opposed to buying a hybrid cooler for $500 and spending $700 on custom piping.

What should i do?

don't forget u will be paying import duties and GST on top of that 1600. even 300+ rwkw is good enough for 76mm cores. 10cm or over u would be aiming really high. Why not trust type S or another Jap brand. I think dAVE can get coolers cheaper than that from japan. give him a pm.

I managed to land an HKS type s kit including postage and taxes from nengun for 1320 4 weeks ago. Installed it myself to save a few dollars. Can't go wrong.

-rb25

if you arent going past 300 odd rwkw check out a second hand r33 gtr intercooler, probably half the price and just as good. bigger isnt always better, it will add more lag

What KamikazeR33 said.

There are loads of cheap shite chinese made Hybrid copies which are rumoured to be garbage.

103mm is serious overkill for use on an R32 GTS-T.

Which one you go for depends on what your prepared to spend. Many like myself would prefer a new japanese complete kit (Complete bolt on - high quality), but if you are happy to consider taking the used route, you could go for a good condition used R33 or R34 GTR cooler which will happily do the job and shop around for a competitive price on the pipework.

Your call, but if buying new, a full japanese made kit will not disappoint.