SAU Community

Smart Key

Hi does anyone know if the smart key slot under the steering wheel has a specific purpose?

Iv been told seat memory can be tagged to each key?

Also how does that auto seat postion work? Not seat memory but the sync with mirrors and wheel.

1) When the battery in your smart key runs flat, you can still start the car by inserting it in the key slot

2) Not that I'm aware of

3) Which is the seat memory as well - set up your seat, steering wheel and mirrors how you like them. Press the "Set" button momentarily. Buttons "1" and "2" should both light up. Press and hold the desired numbered button until the light goes out. Saved. To recall the memory, you must be in park or neutral first and then press the desired button momentarily.

• Like 1

3) Which is the seat memory as well - set up your seat, steering wheel and mirrors how you like them. Press the "Set" button momentarily. Buttons "1" and "2" should both light up. Press and hold the desired numbered button until the light goes out. Saved. To recall the memory, you must be in park or neutral first and then press the desired button momentarily.

Thank you Tony! :D

Not that anyone else drives my vehicle but I'll try this with my 2nd key and see if it actually works. Reason why I'm skeptical about it is because there are definitely differences between the JDM BCMs and the USDM BCMs.

• 4 weeks later...