SAU Community

V36 370gt Firmware Update

Lads, after reading few threads (in SAU and some from infinity US forums) it appears that I have the same issue on my VQ37VHR V36 7 Speed Auto (Built Dec 2008);

1. VVEL Cam noise ticking/knocking on idle after driving (the noise dissapears after I restart the car as the VVEL solenoid resets)

2. Bucking/ sometimes harsh un-firm shifting

From the suggested, both of these issues can be fixed with firmware update but I need to get in touch with Nissan techline before heading to one of the GTR dealerships in Perth otherwise they would be totally clueless.

The question, how do I get in touch (email/phone) with Nissan techline?? and those who did the firmware update, how much did it cost??

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by kliono

As far as I am aware there is not a single Nissan stealership in Australia that does not ABSOLUTELY HATE grey imports, and as far as I am aware they won't touch them with a 100 foot pole. Certainly all of the Nissan dealerships in Adelaide won't touch a V35.

Shit...that is no good. However, AWSAM's post showed that there is some hope. As long as you approached techline first prior heading out to stealerships. So I was hoping;

1. Contact techline and notify the problems

2. Techline contacts dealership for the remote firmware update

3. Book in for it

4. Come in and pay megabucks to fix their f**k up

Shit...that is no good. However, AWSAM's post showed that there is some hope. As long as you approached techline first prior heading out to stealerships. So I was hoping; 1. Contact techline and notify the problems 2. Techline contacts dealership for the remote firmware update 3. Book in for it 4. Come in and pay megabucks to fix their f**k up

keep us updated how u go with it mate :)

keep us updated how u go with it mate :)

No where now hahah. Don't even know how to contact the tech-line. Called the dealer and asked for tech line number they were like 'huh' and thought I wanted service dept. Surely AWSAM can chime into this!!

• 1 year later...

Hey guys so after contacting the dealer that AWSAM got the update done at, I got the details on the update. He said to tell your local dealer to Contact Nissan Australia tech line department and refer to IQ contact 890008

so I did this and went in today to get the update applied to my car (2007 V36 sedan) and it turns out they couldn't download the update to my car for some unknown reason. So I don't know what the go is but I'm gonna give them a ring again tomorrow to follow up. I had a quick thought that maybe the update has already been done on my car in the last before buying it but then I thought it couldn't have because otherwise I would'nt be having the stupid bucking/stuttering and hard shifts that I get in my car... ?

Edited by moleman_1

• 1 month later...
Hey guys so after contacting the dealer that AWSAM got the update done at, I got the details on the update. He said to tell your local dealer to Contact Nissan Australia tech line department and refer to IQ contact 890008
so I did this and went in today to get the update applied to my car (2007 V36 sedan) and it turns out they couldn't download the update to my car for some unknown reason. So I don't know what the go is but I'm gonna give them a ring again tomorrow to follow up. I had a quick thought that maybe the update has already been done on my car in the last before buying it but then I thought it couldn't have because otherwise I would'nt be having the stupid bucking/stuttering and hard shifts that I get in my car... [emoji20]

Let us know how you go, I'm having the same issues with hard shifts.