SAU Community

Illicit Drugs

GTR-N1

I think the focus of this thread has gone on a tangent, i.e. one particular report and small issues like the definition of minor issues.

point being, some "illicit drugs" have other productive uses other than just to be illicit and provide junkies with highs.

I think the focus of this thread has gone on a tangent, i.e. one particular report and small issues like the definition of minor issues.

point being, some "illicit drugs" have other productive uses other than just to be illicit and provide junkies with highs.

The point of the thread actually had nothing to do with productive uses of drugs.

I'm going to get into this action.

i know plenty of people who have thrown away their lives while on the chase.

i know of one friend who holds a successful business, home, family while being a wake and bake pot smoker. i know of one more friend who is extremely successful in his own life endeavours, work, family and social life, this individual smokes most days but not all the time.

i myself will smoke once in a blue moon and use it to help on a mental and intellectual level to progress as an understanding and patient human being. Nothing helps more than a change of mind set to help understand other peoples problems and my own self downfalls.

Agreed, but I am making the point that the OP states that all illicit drugs are bad mkay, is not correct.

his statement is correct. All illicit drugs are bad.

Government made drugs are completely different. For starters they are made in clean factories. Not jims basement

his statement is correct. All illicit drugs are bad.

Government made drugs are completely different. For starters they are made in clean factories. Not jims basement

So you've never had good drugs then?

Thinking differently...
Why not ask yourselves why these "Illicit drugs" are illegal in the first place when alcohol continues to cause many more long and short term issues to society and individuals.

Alcohol has caused more deaths than all the 'illicit drugs' (substances) mentioned in this thread combined. (I'm leaving out heroin, as this doesn't fall under the "party drugs" category OP mentioned)

If all substances less or equally as harmful as alcohol were made legal you could easily access LSD, psilocybin, MDMA, Marijuana - all of which have proven and legitimate medical uses - recognized by the scientific community. Anyone that is able to think critically and scientifically can make this conclusion. Yet alcohol remains legal, while these safer substances are not. (Why?)

With decriminalization comes more education, removes drug cartels and "small time dealers", shitty quality and laced drugs? gone... The revenue gained from the taxes alone would be incredible, new schools, roads, public transport, look at how well the legalised states in the US have been going. Netherlands...

Prohibition is and always will be a joke. Stop humanity thinking openly, stop people rising up against the governments bullshit laws and control mechanisms. Why would you listen to a government that still denies climate change... its laughable - they clearly are not thinking scientifically, nor do they plan to start.

People really need to stop using anecdotes, opinions and "facts" gained from the media and their school education (which by the way is shit). What happened to scientific, critical and academic thinking? As a race (humanity) we have always questioned everything, yet there are so many people agreeing with incredibly skewed and blatantly false ideas. We have been indoctrinated to believe what we're told and believe the government is trustworthy.

Education on this matter is key, any of you people for prohibition should really take the time to find and read some peer reviewed scientific papers and journals, if you are basing your "facts" on youtube videos, the media (newspapers, TV, radio) or the government you have already failed. (Who owns the media in Australia?... Who stands to benefit from these "illicit drugs" being illegal and why?... a bit of research may reveal a lot about the world in which you live.)

If you refuse to be open minded and cant think openly, clearly and in an unbiased way, then you shouldn't be making far reaching statements on this subject. For the respect of others religion should always be left out of scientific discussion, it saves unnecessary and off-topic shenanigans.

I will not be doing the research for anybody, a simple search on any academic peer-reviewed database (google scholar is free, and points to these DBs) and in an hour or two maybe you may be able to educate yourself. Cherry picking articles to prove your point is not thinking critically, view both sides of the argument and make your own conclusion.

I'm not asking anyone to believe what I'm saying, question everything, weigh the real facts and decide for yourselves!

/thread

Also, taking 10 bongs worth of weed? What does that even mean, how can people talk so decisively on a subject that they clearly know nothing about... it astounds me.

• Like 1

Oh sorry I know nothing about the fact that my family member is a useless unproductive member of society.

Sorry that I didn't research drugs before noticing how much of a toll it's taken on his family, friends and mental health.

Sorry I only know that he smokes 10 bongs before work.

The fact is it doesn't matter what the f**k 10 bongs is. The fact is that it's bad for you and yes it might have medical benifits and I'm all for it being available medically as long as that system is not abused and filled with loopholes.

I'm so sick of hearing the illicit vs alcohol debate or argument. You essentially are saying well alcohol is bad and you allow it so why not allow drugs, what could go wrong?

You actually just stated you think allowing it will help society but at the same time you compare it to alcohol which clearly dosent help society.

• Like 1

IcedTea mate, never go full retard.

^^ Only reason alcohol does more harm than the others is because it is legal. Think of the damage legalizing all those drugs would do. Comparing alcohol to it proves why drugs shouldn't be legalized.

Also i would like to point out that this topic wasn't ever for medical purpose. It was talking about the harm party drugs can do.

Stop trying to be the "all wise critical thinker that is above everyone" and get off ye f**king high horse

• Like 2

Oh sorry I know nothing about the fact that my family member is a useless unproductive member of society.

Sorry that I didn't research drugs before noticing how much of a toll it's taken on his family, friends and mental health.

Sorry I only know that he smokes 10 bongs before work.

The fact is it doesn't matter what the f**k 10 bongs is. The fact is that it's bad for you and yes it might have medical benifits and I'm all for it being available medically as long as that system is not abused and filled with loopholes.

I'm so sick of hearing the illicit vs alcohol debate or argument. You essentially are saying well alcohol is bad and you allow it so why not allow drugs, what could go wrong?

You actually just stated you think allowing it will help society but at the same time you compare it to alcohol which clearly dosent help society.

Sorry to hear about your family member.

IcedTea mate, never go full retard.

^^ Only reason alcohol does more harm than the others is because it is legal. Think of the damage legalizing all those drugs would do. Comparing alcohol to it proves why drugs shouldn't be legalized.

Also i would like to point out that this topic wasn't ever for medical purpose. It was talking about the harm party drugs can do.

Stop trying to be the "all wise critical thinker that is above everyone" and get off ye f**king high horse

comparing party drugs to alcohol is a legitimate argument in my opinion.

I have heard from a number of people who have been to Amsterdam and have reported that the local view on weed for example is similar to non smokers views on cigarettes out here.

We all know someone who has thrown their life away due to drugs, but im sure we all know someone who has done the same due to gambling or alcohol.

I can see the plus side to legalizing party drugs under controlled circumstances. This with a mix of education and it could have its place in society.

For instance, obviously 18 and older, but if you had to get say a permit for them, which stated how big a dosage you could purchase from a chemist and limit how much you can buy per day or week. Perhaps it would work.

Sure people will find away around that, but again people do that with gambling problems and booze problems as it is.

I think that it is silly to just dismiss it because of the argument that "i know someone who's life it ruined"

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your family member.

I can see the plus side to legalizing party drugs under controlled circumstances.

Sure people will find away around that, but again people do that with gambling problems and booze problems as it is.

Thanks for the kind words, but again you do the same as a lot of people and state that it's okay because people do it with other things.

What would be the plus side to legalizing it other than it being fair because alcohol is legal?

Thanks for the kind words, but again you do the same as a lot of people and state that it's okay because people do it with other things.

What would be the plus side to legalizing it other than it being fair because alcohol is legal?

the plus side to a degree is that we are meant to be living in a world or at least country with freedom of choice. Something like an adult taking a couple of pills on a Friday night to me is the same as an adult drinking a few beers on a friday night.

it would also in my opinion line up with other social norms and acceptable practices like smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.

for me this doesn't just end with party drugs, I feel the same regarding steroids and a number nootropics that are on the market.

put it in line with being a vegan or meat eater.

now I am not saying sell a line of coke over the counter at a bar because that is dangerous and RSA doesn't work that best as is. But under controlled measures (again i acknowledge that people will find away around this) it isnt necessarily a bad thing. If it is produced in controlled labs where they aren't mixed with garden pesticides or smashed fluorescent lights its even better. People after all are going to do drugs from now until the end of civilization

what is wrong with a grown adult making the decision to take a couple of pills or do some coke? they only hurt their own health much like smoking and drinking does.

I guess my main argument is that a consenting adult should have the choice.