SAU Community

Wanted A Gt-r But Bought Something Else? Or Had One And Sold It For Something Better?

I'm in the market for a 33 or a 34, but keep getting distracted by other things that seem to represent better value. I should add this is just for a weekend car and the rare track day as I already have a dedicated track hack.

Example. for 35-40k you can get a nice Evo X which by all accounts is just as capable if not more so than a 34 around a track and for less maintenance.

Another example, for 55-60k (decent 34 money) you can get a nice M3/C63.

Who else has been in this position and gone for something else or had the GT-R then ditched it for something better/different?

Have driven 33s (owned one) and 34s, haven't driven Evo's/FDs/Supras/M3s etc as my experience has all been Nissan (not counting some of my Ford/Toyota/Holden daily drives).

Enjoy the "drama" of driving a 26, rev's, noise, boost etc.

Again, I'm interested in other peoples views. I'll make my own mind up when the time comes.

This is just a "General automotive discussion".

Though I did correctly guess you would be the first to respond :)

Edited by ActionDan

Honestly 34's price is all for the name. Realistically you can get much better cars. Also for the current market i'd buy a 32 over a 33.

But at the end of the day, i could have bought a better car then my gtr. But i didn't because i wanted a gtr.

for 60k you could get a 2015 STI... a 2015/16 golf R... as mentioned an evo... We could keep naming them tbh

Personally id rather spend the 30k car and put the rest on the house... ROI on anything above the 30k mark for me doesn't make sense. Especially for a weekend/track car.

• Like 1

I agree re 34s, though I prefer the 33 over the 32, but much of a muchness in terms of price for a decent one.

My finances are in order otherwise I wouldn't be buying a "toy" car, but still, hvbing that 20-30k left over because I bought a 33 certainly seems appealing.

STI.... no.

You ended up with a 32?

I think you get me wrong. I love the evo x and I like the '15 wrx more.

It's just as though you think your answers will be answered from the internet but in reality you need to go drive them as your taste/style, shit a million things else is different to the other person.

I think you get me wrong. I love the evo x and I like the '15 wrx more.

It's just as though you think your answers will be answered from the internet but in reality you need to go drive them as your taste/style, shit a million things else is different to the other person.

If I was in Melbourne it would be that simple...

I'm putting some time aside soon to get down there and test drive various cars back to back.

Value for money, reliability, power to weight. There are plenty of cars out there these days that will beat a GTR but they're still no GTR.

I agree with this sentiment but am not even sure I know what it means anymore. When I had my GT-R, everything else was "good, but no GT-R".

Is it just a badge?

I agree re 34s, though I prefer the 33 over the 32, but much of a muchness in terms of price for a decent one.

My finances are in order otherwise I wouldn't be buying a "toy" car, but still, hvbing that 20-30k left over because I bought a 33 certainly seems appealing.

STI.... no.

You ended up with a 32?

Only reason i say 32 over a 33 atm is the ROI, 32's are going up and up in price. Buy it, keep it for a few years, you may even break even/make moneys.

If I was in Melbourne it would be that simple...

I'm putting some time aside soon to get down there and test drive various cars back to back.

I agree with this sentiment but am not even sure I know what it means anymore. When I had my GT-R, everything else was "good, but no GT-R".

Is it just a badge?

at the end of the day yes it is just a badge. They were great cars... 20 od years ago.

They are old now and really starting to show their age.

Is it just a badge?

I know how you feel, I have a mate that has just completed an LS1 S14 build which is farking awesome. It's just as fast as my car, sounds awesome, is clean and reliable but at the end of the day I still love jumping in the GTR and hearing it scream.

I know how you feel, I have a mate that has just completed an LS1 S14 build which is farking awesome. It's just as fast as my car, sounds awesome, is clean and reliable but at the end of the day I still love jumping in the GTR and hearing it scream.

Been thinking about this for my track car...

• Like 1