SAU Community

Wanted A Gt-r But Bought Something Else? Or Had One And Sold It For Something Better?

Fair enough.

Ideally I want my mates to all buy different stuff and be willing to trade keys for the weekend, is that weird?

only if you sword fight over who gets what.

err?

R32/3/4<R35

the new M3 is bloody brilliant

R35 if you like that V6 sound and flappy paddles. Its all about cheap performance... Old GTRs are about how the cheap performance is delivered and the smile on your face imho.

New M3 has fake noise played by speakers... Nuff said.

Kinda funny as I was going through the exact same thing few months ago... I've had 31, 32, 33 and 34 Skylines (non were GTR's).

Followed by 3 series BMW, Audi A4(x3) Augi A6......what was missing was the weekend car or the boy toy if you will.

I skipped pass the STI as for me they have nothing else past 3rd gear so my choices were Evo X, 33 or 34 GTR.

What made my choice a lot easier was thinking 6-12+month from now would buying a GTR be worth it and would I be happy with it.

Knowing its a strong build and looked after car that will be driven on weekends and potential some track days the choice was easy.

TL;DR Buy the car you want and will enjoy, as any can be made for track

Also Dan thanks for putting those details through deposit is made just waiting for the RWC which is happening tomorrow!

I feel as though manufacturers don't try any more...
They give you what is perceived (to the masses) to be cool. Look at fake lambo flames in aventador... Fake in car sound from BMW M cars... (To make it sound "better") You used to get factory ITBs!!

I'm old (school).

Edited by 10 4

Also Dan thanks for putting those details through deposit is made just waiting for the RWC which is happening tomorrow!

Just here to rub it in hey?

I really just can't fathom 50-60k for a 34, I feel like the market is a little artificially inflated, as much as I love the car.

Not to detract from your purchase though, very nice car :D

• Like 1

R35 if you like that V6 sound and flappy paddles. Its all about cheap performance... Old GTRs are about how the cheap performance is delivered and the smile on your face imho.

New M3 has fake noise played by speakers... Nuff said.

All new performance cars are flappy paddles mate, got to get used to it.

I feel as though manufacturers don't try any more...

They give you what is perceived (to the masses) to be cool. Look at fake lambo flames in aventador... Fake in car sound from BMW M cars... (To make it sound "better") You used to get factory ITBs!!

I'm old (school).

you're ignoring that they still make fantastic cars.

The R35 does amazing lap times.

The aventador is the first lambo that can actually take a corner without killing you, whilst still being a poster child like all lambos are supposed to be.

The BMW M cars bring luxury tried with brilliant performance. Yes they play the exhaust note, but you can turn it off, and they still go like a bat out of hell.

Just here to rub it in hey?

I really just can't fathom 50-60k for a 34, I feel like the market is a little artificially inflated, as much as I love the car.

Not to detract from your purchase though, very nice car :D

as much as i love the 34.

It is NOT worth 60k to me.

I feel this way, but am having a hard time accepting it.

If a gun metal VS2 came along with all the bolt ons and it was 50 i would probably go for it if it was clean.

But that type of car is now pulling 60-70.

Maybe my issue is I can't afford/justify the R34 I actually want?

Edited by ActionDan

All new performance cars are flappy paddles mate, got to get used to it.

you're ignoring that they still make fantastic cars.

The R35 does amazing lap times.

The aventador is the first lambo that can actually take a corner without killing you, whilst still being a poster child like all lambos are supposed to be.

The BMW M cars bring luxury tried with brilliant performance. Yes they play the exhaust note, but you can turn it off, and they still go like a bat out of hell.

Not disagreeing with you at all.

R35 does do amazing lap times. I don't care for those personally but the rest of the world says otherwise obviously, as they've sold so many.

And Aventador - that doesn't make me want it any more? I'd much rather a later model Diablo or early Murcie..

M cars are fast yes but its not all I'm after.. Hell the E39 M5 unrestricted cracks 300kmh back in 1998-9 but does so with an atmo V8 and 6 speed box. If you gave me the choice and I couldn't sell, the E39 would be on the drive all day everyday.

I feel this way, but am having a hard time accepting it.

If a gun metal VS2 came along with all the bolt ons and it was 50 i would probably go for it if it was clean.

But that type of car is now pulling 60-70.

Maybe my issue is I can't afford/justify the R34 I actually want?

ye old case of heart says yes head says no.