SAU Community

Wanted A Gt-r But Bought Something Else? Or Had One And Sold It For Something Better?

Not disagreeing with you at all.

R35 does do amazing lap times. I don't care for those personally but the rest of the world says otherwise obviously, as they've sold so many.

And Aventador - that doesn't make me want it any more? I'd much rather a later model Diablo or early Murcie..

M cars are fast yes but its not all I'm after.. Hell the E39 M5 unrestricted cracks 300kmh back in 1998-9 but does so with an atmo V8 and 6 speed box. If you gave me the choice and I couldn't sell, the E39 would be on the drive all day everyday.

i do see where you are coming from.

You like the classics.

I feel this way, but am having a hard time accepting it.

If a gun metal VS2 came along with all the bolt ons and it was 50 i would probably go for it if it was clean.

But that type of car is now pulling 60-70.

Maybe my issue is I can't afford/justify the R34 I actually want?

Maybe man.. Have a look at this I just posted in another thread.

http://www.exportcar.jp/en/component/auctstat/?maker_id=2&model_id=330&year_from=1999&year_to=2002&engine_from=2600&engine_to=2700&transmission=&shift=&mileage_from=&mileage_to=&auction=&lot=&gradings=%2A%2A%2A%2C1%2C2%2C3%2C3.5%2C4%2C4.5%2C5%2CR%2CRA%2CS&mode=statsearch&sort_field=&sort_order=&view=auctstat

You could maybe find a "cheap" example to do up to your own tastes..

i do see where you are coming from.

You like the classics.

The only new cars I actually want are: Cayman GT4, MX5 (1.5 probably), Shelby GT350 (yes really, youtube them).

That's it.

Just here to rub it in hey?

I really just can't fathom 50-60k for a 34, I feel like the market is a little artificially inflated, as much as I love the car.

Not to detract from your purchase though, very nice car :D

What made my choice a lot easier is the fact that I'll be keeping this one for a very very long time.....I probably wont even sell it if I'm honest.

I can see why you are at the cross roads though especially if you want to upgrade/change in the future so the 34's are pricey.

You definitely know a lot about cars - now just a matter of finding something you like and going for it :) good luck in the search

I think part of my issue is that down the track I may want to move whatever I buy on and get into an R35 when the ass falls otu of that market due to import law changes.

then put the cash in a high interest account/mortgage and wait.

^
R35s won't be a desirable future classic imo as the newer model will just out date the previous one.

There's 10 for sale between 88.5 and 95k. They aren't moving.

If its what you really want, just wait a few months...

Edited by 10 4

The E92 M3 is a car I'd personally love to own. It may not have the outright power potential of the 335/TT m3 motor, but I think the e92 m3 is the full package. It does everything well, handles, comfortable, good looks, great engine and has an actual manual transmission. + revy v8 in a 3 series chassis is just yes.

What do you really want out of this car you want to buy? If you want something for the sake of people having a magnetic attraction to the R34 GTR at meets, then yeah the GTR will do that. Though you can get the GTR experience from the R32 and R33. To me, once you've owned a skyline it's just like ehh. They're all very familiar.

If you wanted a competitive track car/very fast street car go the GTR. If you want other things, I think the e92 m3 is the better car.

Wanted a R34 GT-R, couldn't justify the insane prices, got an R34 GT-T instead.

2/3's the entertainment for 1/5 the price.

Woah woah WOAH, let's not get carried away here.

The E92 M3 is a car I'd personally love to own. It may not have the outright power potential of the 335/TT m3 motor, but I think the e92 m3 is the full package. It does everything well, handles, comfortable, good looks, great engine and has an actual manual transmission. + revy v8 in a 3 series chassis is just yes.

What do you really want out of this car you want to buy? If you want something for the sake of people having a magnetic attraction to the R34 GTR at meets, then yeah the GTR will do that. Though you can get the GTR experience from the R32 and R33. To me, once you've owned a skyline it's just like ehh. They're all very familiar.

If you wanted a competitive track car/very fast street car go the GTR. If you want other things, I think the e92 m3 is the better car.

I'd like one with a supercharger strapped on :D