SAU Community

Wanted A Gt-r But Bought Something Else? Or Had One And Sold It For Something Better?

J, 1M is unbelievably. I wanted an E46M3, but couldn't love it, so decided on an E92 M3, still didn't. Drove many of them and just couldn't get into them, drove the 1M by chance and 5 minutes in, was wondering if they'd give me a discount if I put a deposit on the day. It was that good.

It has a face only a mother could love, but on the road it's a monster. Breaks traction all the way to third and if you just want to potter, it'll do that too. So for me it was the perfect car just to get around in, but hit a fast mountain pass, and it's vicious and incredibly entertaining. And it feels Old school raw... properly raw.

If you're seriously considering one, take one for a drive if possible, and I dare you to not buy it. If you want any more info, happy to have a chat.

I have driven the E92 M3 and 1M and realised the 1M is a hairdressers car and slower than the M3 by a fair bit .

• 2 weeks later...

I know how you feel, I have a mate that has just completed an LS1 S14 build which is farking awesome. It's just as fast as my car, sounds awesome, is clean and reliable but at the end of the day I still love jumping in the GTR and hearing it scream.

I bought an S15 as I couldn't afford a GT-R at the time.

It's really fun to drive & hasn't really missed a beat the whole time I've owned it. I haven't touched the engine/turbo though, so the car is no where near as wild as it can be.

I'm getting closer & closer to affording an R33 GT-R, and really itching for the screaming howl of an inline 6 at 9000rpm.

Unfortunately I think I'd need to spend stupid money on it to get the car to live up to its halo. I think a GTR would be pretty underwhelming in stock or mildly modified form.

I know how you feel, I have a mate that has just completed an LS1 S14 build which is farking awesome. It's just as fast as my car, sounds awesome, is clean and reliable but at the end of the day I still love jumping in the GTR and hearing it scream.

Is your mates name Jason?

• 4 weeks later...