SAU Community

Bonus Gifts With My Service

frx026

the workshop is liable regardless of what they think or argue. you provided your car for "services" and in turn its in their duty of care. this inckudes making reasonable steps to protect your asset. if they continue to argue and legal case yields zero then plaster their name on every forum once you are allowed to and watch the workshop melt to nothing. business exists to make a profit but it must also accept reasonable liability inthe process of. much the same as if someone dropped an engine crane on the car whilst it was inside the workshop

• Like 1

if the truck and who ever picked it up made representation they were from "workshop" then the workshops liability insurance wouldcover any damages by employees or former employees making representation as the "workshop". i thnk youll be ok, let the cops do their bit then talk to wrkshop and ask why wont their liability insurance cover it. thats the point of liability insurance

• 2 weeks later...

sorry re-read the bit where "they" picked the car up..... what truck / business trading name etc?

White truck - no trading name on it

if the truck and who ever picked it up made representation they were from "workshop" then the workshops liability insurance wouldcover any damages by employees or former employees making representation as the "workshop". i thnk youll be ok, let the cops do their bit then talk to wrkshop and ask why wont their liability insurance cover it. thats the point of liability insurance

The legal advise I have from a high priced lawyer is that the workshop where the car was meant to go to has no responsibility or liability at all as the vehicle never went there.

The liability sits with the people that mis-represented themselves. It does help that they have supplied a FAKE receipt from the workshop it was meant to go to.

I have learnt that 2 other people are in a similar situation. 1 person has $28K worth of damage done. The other I do not know details of.

I have a feeling that the person with the 28K damage is going to "employ" a few debt collectors and both of us will receive every cent we are owed in damages. I have asked this person not to tell me the details. I don't want to know.

• Like 5