SAU Community

Rigid Collars

stripey

done a search and no result so I assume not many people know of these or they do and they are not the hype.

Rigid collars re align your vehicles sub frame setting steering and suspension geometry back to factory design specifications.

I say factory design specs because even when vehicle are assembled on the line holes are made slightly bigger to allow quick mating of parts loosing a mm here or there a mm difference in sub frame could translate to two or three as you get out to your brakes and suspension which is normally taken care of by wheel alignment. I know enough about wheel alignments and suspension geometry being a former suspension guru at pedders and i see this product and think hey that would work a treat.

I could keep typing but I would be here for hours describing how it works so here is a vid and a few links

http://www.rigidcollar.com/what-is-rigid-collar/

and they do front and rear for the m35 here http://rigidcollar.shop-pro.jp/?pid=79484022

just after thoughts as i want great driving vehilce not just fast

I can hear the sound of a stag now had a couple of sniffs today on patrol sale

It looks interesting. Whether it would help a Stagea or not, I do not know.

Years ago when my son had a Sillycar, a mechanic mate took all the suspension rattles, caused by bolt clearance in suspension bushes, out by simply coating the bolt and bush bore with silicon sealant. Worked perfect.

Edited by 66yostagea

• 2 years later...
Coz of speedhunters this morning?

I may have seen that yes... [emoji12] I’ve seen the collars about before but never really taken any notice of them until watching the video. It’s such a simple but perfect idea, and a few other reviews really show the difference. Whether you’d feel it in a barge though? No idea.

As an aside, that shop is just insane.

Just now, myothercarsa2cv said:

I may have seen that yes... emoji12.png I’ve seen the collars about before but never really taken any notice of them until watching the video. It’s such a simple but perfect idea, and a few other reviews really show the difference. Whether you’d feel it in a barge though? No idea.

As an aside, that shop is just insane.

Me too lol

I would do it to be honest.

The challenge would be to fit the collars to one of a pair of similar NM35s and get a third person to drive both and see if they can pick which one has had the collars fitted. Looks good in theory but I am sceptical  about the actual benefits. Happy to be proved wrong as long as someone else is paying!

Ive used the polyurethane superpro bushings for years and they do help to make the rear end more controlled in cornering. I actually put them in to extend the life of the stock rubber bushings (reduced movement).

But keep in mind that's a compliant material, not a solid metal collar!

The challenge would be to fit the collars to one of a pair of similar NM35s and get a third person to drive both and see if they can pick which one has had the collars fitted. Looks good in theory but I am sceptical  about the actual benefits. Happy to be proved wrong as long as someone else is paying!

Everything I’ve read says they’re amazing, but only one way to find out! If I find myself with £500 burning a hole in my pocket I’ll do it.

Just imagine - a wagon that handles slightly better than a wagon!

I’ve put collars (not made by spoon) into a golf R and whilst the owner didn’t know what I did, she found the car to be more comfortable and the damping more controlled.. you could call this a blind test

On the other hand I have it on my r34 and I couldn’t tell the difference because I changed the rear subframe bushes to solid aluminium and did height adjustable coilover conversion to the bilsteins at the same time.. and yes the collars worked with the new solid aluminium subframe bushes

• Like 1