SAU Community

R33 Gtr Top Secret Style Rear Diffuser Fitment

Swole

Hey everyone,

Just wondering whether anyone's fit an R33 gtr top secret style rear diffuser on a 34, or even if they've fit one on a 33, just need some info on actually fitting the diffuser and flutes/pod itself:

1658969d56.jpg

If anyone has decent pictures of it fitted on their car so I have a rough idea on how to fit it, that'd be awesome

For example, pics of how it's mounted with the brackets under the car, how it's mounted on the front (where the diffuser comes up just under/on top where the number plate sits), how the diffuser is attached to the flutes/pods, etc.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Swole

I got instructions with mine from psi parts, instructions were done up by pmr33 on here who fitted one to his 33...

I used flat aluminium 3mm bar to make brackets from

Thanks.

Mine came with brackets, however the brackets obviously only suited a 33 gtr, so i'll either need to fab some up or modify them

Are you able to take a closer pic of how it's attached in the middle section (where it's attached just under the number plate) if possible

I'm also after pics of anyone who's fitted them with the rear pods/flutes as well so I have a reference to how they fit

Cheers

The side bits when fitted make it sit really really low, i havnt seen them fitted before either

I've got it fitted to my 33 gtst with the side bits. They indeed make it lower but I've moddified the front two brackets to bring it up higher. I'll see if I can get some pics.

Yeah I can tell, most likely will need to raise my rears a little for them to fit haha

If possible, that'd be awesome

Thanks

Is that this kit....

http://carbonplusoz.com/products.php?product=95%252d98-Nissan-Skyline-R33-GTR-Carbon-Top-Secret-Style-Rear-Diffuser-(3pc)

Hey everyone,

Just wondering whether anyone's fit an R33 gtr top secret style rear diffuser on a 34, or even if they've fit one on a 33, just need some info on actually fitting the diffuser and flutes/pod itself:

1658969d56.jpg

If anyone has decent pictures of it fitted on their car so I have a rough idea on how to fit it, that'd be awesome

For example, pics of how it's mounted with the brackets under the car, how it's mounted on the front (where the diffuser comes up just under/on top where the number plate sits), how the diffuser is attached to the flutes/pods, etc.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

If it helps:

20140119_103135_zpsnetkyzw0.jpg

Edit-3169_zps5bb485b5.jpg

Second photo its a bit out of whack though......

Thanks for that

Is yours just attached with a bracket (from what I can see in the second pic) to the pod?

Still looking for any pics showing how the diffuser sits/attaches with the flutes/pods that's included in my kit!

• Like 1

So here's a pic of how it sits with the side bits.

I'll get some better pics in the light.

The side bits actually attach to my pods (I'll get a pic of them too). The only problem is that they stick out a bit further out than my pods because the diffuser is originally for a r33 gtr.

post-74314-0-49674200-1445684175_thumb.jpg

That would be sitting crazy low at the front of the diffuser. I would of liked to have them on but getting over speed humps would of been impossible.

Im pretty sure i made extra mounting brackets, using 20x3mm alloy bar

So here's a pic of how it sits with the side bits.

I'll get some better pics in the light.

The side bits actually attach to my pods (I'll get a pic of them too). The only problem is that they stick out a bit further out than my pods because the diffuser is originally for a r33 gtr.

Looks good

Appreciate that