SAU Community

R33 Gtr V Spec - Importr

• 1 month later...

Box is fixed - working like a dream on the bench.

Will get it home now and put it back in, at the same time have some fab work done to connect the dump pipe to the titanium exhaust. 

Had the oil collector modified by cutting off the bungs and replacing with fittings and power coating - so will needs some new breather lines made and installed.

And a couple other little things ......

Now to decide on a workshop!  This is my other nightmare!

Anyway end appears to be in sight ;) 

• Like 3

Like you, I own both a R34 & R33 GTR and mist admit there’s something about the R33 that I like more. I mean, I love all GTRs with the exception of the R35 not my cup of tea, but the overall look and stance of the R33 GTR will always be my favourite.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update

Last Tuesday I got the gearbox installed backed into the car - and spent the last few nights in the garage finishing a few things off - like installing a new battery.

Decided I will now drop the car off to a workshop to do all oils (engine, diffs, coolant, transfer, gearbox), fabricate my Trust dump flange to my ARC 4" Titanium exhaust, new breather hoses, and fittings, and some other minor finishes I want doing.

Visited a few workshops last week and had had some conversations - pretty much decided on the shop I want to use - so now just waiting for their call back....... hoping to have it at the shop late this week - so close very close now.

A couple snaps under the car while installing box .....

20190115_104011.jpg

20190115_104019.jpg

20190115_104004.jpg

On 1/29/2019 at 6:06 AM, IMACUL8 said:

Update.

Today saw a huge milestone - the car has been removed from the garage - where it has sat for the last 26 months and delivered to the workshop shop.

Hoping to have it back by end of the week.

D

Wow just spotted this, Have not seen it in Perth. 

What shop did you end up going with? 

15 hours ago, hattori hanzo said:

Wow just spotted this, Have not seen it in Perth. 

What shop did you end up going with? 

Hey Damian

Well regarding which shop - this was an interesting experience.

I went and met with four prominent workshops here in Perth - was set to go to your shop of choice (as mentioned in your build thread - I won't name it) but after being dicked around - went with C-Red.

Mark was by far the best shop owner that I dealt with - he was very open and honest, very approachable and was quick in getting back to me to answer my questions etc.  In the end - it was a simple choice.  I have given C-Red the opportunity - if they do a great job on the car - and continue with their great customer service and reliability as provided to date - C-Red will be my workshop going forward.  Have already begun discussing next stage - new ecu, etc.

So time will tell.

Dan

Edited by IMACUL8

6 hours ago, IMACUL8 said:

Hey Damian

Well regarding which shop - this was an interesting experience.

I went and met with four prominent workshops here in Perth - was set to go to your shop of choice (as mentioned in your build thread - I won't name it) but after being dicked around - went with C-Red.

Mark was by far the best shop owner that I dealt with - he was very open and honest, very approachable and was quick in getting back to me to answer my questions etc.  In the end - it was a simple choice.  I have given C-Red the opportunity - if they do a great job on the car - and continue with their great customer service and reliability as provided to date - C-Red will be my workshop going forward.  Have already begun discussing next stage - new ecu, etc.

So time will tell.

Dan

Cool man was only curious as I no longer have a shop of choice! So just seeing who is who in the zoo these days. 

C-Red are very popular at the moment and appear to be delivering some great builds. A good mate of mine is mates with Ben in the workshop he seems like a knowledgeable top bloke!  

13 hours ago, hattori hanzo said:

Cool man was only curious as I no longer have a shop of choice! So just seeing who is who in the zoo these days. 

C-Red are very popular at the moment and appear to be delivering some great builds. A good mate of mine is mates with Ben in the workshop he seems like a knowledgeable top bloke!  

Hey Damian

Feel free to PM me if you want some feedback.

I went to C-Red, Galvsport, Garage 101 and a couple of other places in search of a workshop.  

So excited at the thought of having my car back on the road after so long........

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SiR_RB said:

Great to see things moving along mate 

keep us updated with how it all turns out ?

Thanks mate

Got a call late yesterday arvo - everything has gone very smoothly so far - all that's left to do is fill it with fresh E85, get it started and put it on the dyno to check the fuel pumps and injectors - this will happen first thing Monday morning.

Fingers crossed all goes well - and if so - will have it back and on the road some time later Monday. 

Here she is nearly ready....

IMG_9440001.jpg

• Like 5

Hey

The car went on the dyno Monday - to test AFR to ensure injectors and fuel pumps we're all ok after the long sit with E85.

Discovered one of the O44's at the surge take was dead - so decided to replace both of them with brand new items.

The new fuel pumps arrived yesterday morning - were fitted and back on the dyno. 

On the dyno again - now with the fuel flowing strong - hit another small snag - the boost dropping off up high.  Some investigation found that the boost was going to high (hitting 29/30psi) and the controller was engaging safe mode.  It was originally tuned at a safe 27psi.  Some adjustments were made and back at 27psi she sat.  Boo-ya - the monster is alive again!!!!! 

Apparently, the new ARC 4" titanium sounds awesome !

The tune is too rich up top - I'm told that there's quite a bit more in it with some tuning.  So I've decided to upgrade to the Haltech Elite!

The car is still at the shop - still waiting on some fittings which seem to be taking forever to arrive - but hoping to pick it up late today or tomorrow.

Dan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GRKGTR said:

How did it go? Smile on your face?

Yeah, its farken scary on boost - and I forgot how much I loved the sound of the gate!

Back terrorising the streets ;) 

I'll get some new pics/vids shortly and get them up

• Like 4