SAU Community

R33 Gtr V Spec - Importr

Hello 

Thought it be a good time for a update.

The Trust/Quaiff Sequential DogBox has a issue.  I'm stuck in second gear with no gears available! Shifter is free moving top to bottom!

This happened on Fathers day back in September and car has sat in garage ever since.

Wanting to service the car as well as getting the gearbox sorted - I decided a road trip was in order!

On the weekend I packed the car up onto a trailer and made the early journey from Perth to Australind yesterday.

The car is now with Corey and I patiently wait.

Once the box is out and open - I will post pics.

Regards

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Happy New Year 

UPDATE

The gearbox has been removed and inspected - verdict: requires 2 internal selector shafts, reverse gear and bearing and seals kit.  Awaiting response from Quaife currently.

Good news is 1 - 5 all OK.  Some wear but in good condition.

TRUST (Quaife) 6 Speed Sequential Dogbox, Farked Reverse, Broken Selector

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

Edited by IMACUL8
  • Like 1

While waiting for the box to be sorted ... bought some new tyres I found for a steal on Gum Tree.  

Big thanks to Danrb26 in Melbourne who went and collected these for me and organised shipping to Perth.  How SAU improves your life in so many ways ;)

Bridgestone RE55s 285x30x18

RE55s.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys

Thought I'd share a update - car is now parked up in garage as I await my items from Quaife to arrive.

Few little updates to car as per pics.

Also wanted to give kudos to Elvis on SAU  - who sells the C/F copy items. They are of surprising excellent quality. My car currently has the genuine Garage Defend C/F Cooling Panel and the last pic is of Elvis's China copy - its as good as the genuine item - see for yourself (PS - I bought it as a spare ;)

Thanks for reading.

Dan

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

Edited by IMACUL8
  • Like 3

Hi Grant

To be completely honest with you mate I'm not entirely sure - it was as purchased with the car.

Tuned on E85 with 27psi on GT Autos hub dyno it made 500kw at all 4 or just over 800hp at motor.

It would not be a suitable turbo if you were using your car on a daily basis (2.6L/2.7L).  In stop start traffic you need to give it some revs in first/second to get it moving when going slow.  But when your moving and are able to use use your gears - I love it.  As you know you just then use the right gear to keep the revs where you need them and put your foot down - it pulls you back in your seat so hard you just hold on for your dear life.  It pulls violently.

I know these are now old technology - and my plan will be to update to a twin scroll Precision or Borg Warner down the track - to make same power but come on a little earlier - but for now - the Trust T76-33D is still in great condition and serving me really well.

Dan

2 hours ago, IMACUL8 said:

Hi Grant

To be completely honest with you mate I'm not entirely sure - it was as purchased with the car.

Tuned on E85 with 27psi on GT Autos hub dyno it made 500kw at all 4 or just over 800hp at motor.

It would not be a suitable turbo if you were using your car on a daily basis (2.6L/2.7L).  In stop start traffic you need to give it some revs in first/second to get it moving when going slow.  But when your moving and are able to use use your gears - I love it.  As you know you just then use the right gear to keep the revs where you need them and put your foot down - it pulls you back in your seat so hard you just hold on for your dear life.  It pulls violently.

I know these are now old technology - and my plan will be to update to a twin scroll Precision or Borg Warner down the track - to make same power but come on a little earlier - but for now - the Trust T76-33D is still in great condition and serving me really well.

Dan

Dan, thanks for the reply. Judging by the graph, must be 21cm housing. Yours still a 2.6 from reading the 1st post or I'm way off? 

The bold lettering - my kind of power delivery. 

Mines 2.7L

My car gives me butterflies and sweaty palms every time I drive it............ GTR for life ;)

Just now, Count Grantleyish said:

Dan, thanks for the reply. Judging by the graph, must be 21cm housing. Yours still a 2.6 from reading the 1st post or I'm way off? 

The bold lettering - my kind of power delivery. 

• 1 month later...

Update

Got word from Quaiffe last week - all my parts are scheduled for milling in the next month - so should have everything in next couple months :1_grinning::1_grinning:

I also ordered the digital gear display from Quaiffe - and couldn't believe my luck that they also had in stock brand new GREX sequential gear knob - mine was a little worn so asked if they had replacements - to my surprise they did!

I found a ARC 4" Titanium Exhaust system for sale on here which I properly purchased and had shipped to Perth.  I bought it unseen but was told it was in excellent condition.  When receiving it - although structurally it was perfect - it was dirty as f**k and the tip had scratches all over it from no care being taken when attaching sensors on the dyno.  So my resto project began....  I got 3 different grits of wet and dry and started to get to work.  Couple hours every night - for all of last week got the job done.  Now looks as new again......  This will go in once box is back in shortly.  Ill have to modify the dump as the ARC is a little longer than the 4" Trust system I removed.  But extremely happy to add more titanium to the monster!!!!!!! 

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

Edited by IMACUL8
  • Like 4

On 4/17/2017 at 8:18 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Always can squirt some Nitrous into the system to get it to spool and shut it off once it's on, trigger it by TPS, RPM and MAP.

Tank should last ages that way

Has anyone actually done that on here?   

Looking into ECU's at the moment - Motec or Haltec.

The Haltec seems to be very good bang for $.

Not here but easy enough by using the VCT output to even do it.

because you can trigger it by MAP, RPM and have upper and lower thresholds.

Halaltech is good, but you run out of I/Os very quickly when you start doing fancy things which then needs you to go beyond the auxiliary harness.

58 minutes ago, GH05T said:

love that matt finish on the ARC cannon

Me to - it didn't quite look that good when I got it - but I ordered the below from the US on ebay and used it on the muff........

Sh*ts awesome!

IMG_1529.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Well its been a while. 

GTR is still off the road - hasn't moved in the last 15 months.  Gearbox is back with all new parts - but the shop was unable to re-assemble it correctly - so box is now sitting next to my car in the garage awaiting my next move.  Not sure whether I spend more money to have the box re-assembled - or just hold off and get a new PPG or Holinger........  or do I just sell the car and move on.  Owning a big HP GTR is a emotional experience ;)

In the mean time - to help with my depression - I bought a new daily........

20180225_133543.thumb.jpg.bc3e48fc53ca7c5e51ec4d028e2d1e89.jpg

20180225_133650.thumb.jpg.0a05c683abc3bd856be30e61625c05cb.jpg

Edited by IMACUL8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Well its been a while. 

Without going into to much detail - after waiting nearly a year to get my box back - got it back in non - working order!  Was so farken over all the delaying, bullshit, lying etc - just put it all aside while calmed down and had a think about my next move - was sooo over it all.  Came closing to selling the car as I was so pissed with the ordeal.  In the end I ended up packing the box up and shipping it to PerfOURmance Motorsport in Brisbane.  

Should have just farken done that to start with - live and learn.  After receiving the box and stripping it - they found the issue immediately - plus a handful of other "not right" things......  

Gearbox was not assembled correctly / poor dodgy workmanship / clueless muppets - contributed to new parts that were bent and not aligning properly, items where welded that shouldn't have been, etc, etc   Just big time consuming expensive mess.

So had to re-order some parts, to replaced the farked new ones I had already ordered and previously waited for - as well as other items that PerfOURmance suggested I update.  So basically lost a year in time and a bunch of $ on new parts to replace the new parts I had already ordered but were farked by the first muppet in his attempt to assemble the box.......???

So now box is nearly ready - hopefully shipping back to Perth next week.........  so close now.

Car has now been off the road for 2 years due to this sh*t - but the end is near.

Big lesson learnt............

Pics to follow......

• Like 4