SAU Community

R33 Gtr V Spec - Importr

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, SimonR32 said:

Updates on the Albins?

No.  Over 12 weeks now and no eta to date.  Was supposed to have it by now.   Joke. I just this afternoon enquired about cancelling.  

Muppets.

Edited by IMACUL8

10 hours ago, IMACUL8 said:

No.  Over 12 weeks now and no eta to date.  Was supposed to have it by now.   Joke. I just this afternoon enquired about cancelling.  

Muppets.

Albins have moved into the defence industry sector and since this move there customer service regarding their sequentials has gone to poo.

56 minutes ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Imagine the lead time in the event you need replacement parts

best of going with a samsonas mate! They are used in all the TRP shop cars and their after sales service is pretty spot on 

Im looking into it now mate.. waiting to hear back from my workshop.

+1 for Samsonas. Can't fault the box nor the customer service.

Only downside is if parts aren't in stock they need to come from Lithuania but even that is faster than Albins at the moment...

Case on its way for Anodizing and things are moving.

At end of the day - do I really need a Albins, Samsonas, Hollinger etc?  No. 

Car has never seen a track day, drags, etc.  Occasional street driving, cruzin, etc - and back in the garage.

Its way over kill for what I will ever need - but - hoping I will never have box issues again (at least not for a very long time).

I am setting up the internal oiling system on the Albins to run to a rear diff cooler (Z Tune style)....  again huge overkill for me - but fark it ;) will be functional and look amazing.  I have also slightly tweaked the shifter /strain gauge setup/look to what's offered standard.

Adding a new Motec ecu and c1212 dash etc. when the box goes in.  (thanks to Moray).

Ill just chill and wait - I'm sure this box will be more than I ever expected or needed!

Its a investment (that's what I tell myself so I don't cry) ;) 

Dan

Edited by IMACUL8
speeling ;)
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, IMACUL8 said:

Case on its way for Anodizing and things are moving.

At end of the day - do I really need a Albins, Samsonas, Hollinger etc?  No. 

Car has never seen a track day, drags, etc.  Occasional street driving, cruzin, etc - and back in the garage.

Its way over kill for what I will ever need - but - hoping I will never have box issues again (at least not for a very long time).

I am setting up the internal oiling system on the Albins to run to a rear diff cooler (Z Tune style)....  again huge overkill for me - but fark it ;) will be functional and look amazing.  I have also slightly tweaked the shifter /strain gauge setup/look to what's offered standard.

Adding a new Motec ecu and c1212 dash etc. when the box goes in.  (thanks to Moray lol).

Ill just chill and wait - I'm sure this box will be more than I ever expected or needed! lol

Its a investment (that's what I tell myself so I don't cry) ;) 

Dan

Is the case the issue, because that's not made by Albins, I figured Albins is the hold up?