SAU Community

R33 Gtr V Spec - Importr

• 2 weeks later...

With the gearbox and ECU now imminent - I'm thinking I might do the hot side at the same time.

I'm no expert in this area - so please excuse my ignorance.  I'm currently around 500kw at the wheels (2.7L, T76, Trust manifold, Trust dump, External gate etc). 

I would like to make a little more power - but have it come on earlier.  is that possible?

So my question - what setup do I want hot side to complainant the 2.7L / Albins? 

I appreciate feedback and any recommendations.

Thanks D

13 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

EFR8474 , hypertune twin scroll manifold , twin 38mm tial MVS gates

Hello 600kw and epic response 

there is no questioning how mental EFR turbos are for response compared to what else is on the market 

Thanks mate .... Im looking into it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tuesday this week saw the gearbox finally arrive! The shifter assembly is currently being anodised at PRP - and show be on its way tomorrow.  

New OS Giken R4C quad plate clutch is on it way from Japan and should be here next week.

New Haltech Elite 2500 purchased.

EFR 8474 is currently being sourced.

All going together mid next month..... should be a responsive street monster ;)  

Albins.jpeg

Edited by IMACUL8
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, IMACUL8 said:

Tuesday this week saw the gearbox finally arrive! The shifter assembly is currently being anodised at PRP - and show be on its way tomorrow.  

New OS Giken R4C quad plate clutch is on it way from Japan and should be here next week.

New Haltech Elite 2500 purchased.

EFR 8474 is currently being sourced.

All going together mid next month..... should be a responsive street monster ;)  

Albins.jpeg

This is going to be insane!!!  God damn those gearboxes are insanely nice looking billet wizardry!!

Bolt it all together already!!!! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Time for a update.

Sadly - trying to buy the best box money could buy has turned out to be another drama.  Still don't have all the items I need to install the box - this is now just ridiculous.  Going on 8 months - and cant install the box they sent me as items are missing from the package that I PAID for !

Linkage bar, adapter to fit shifter and strain gauge all MIA. Abducted by aliens it appears ..

I have sat silent and said nothing this whole time - patiently waiting .. and nothing has happened...

I am so over this Albins box - and parties involved.  

Question I put to my fellow SAU'ers is this.

I have a buyer for my Albins - I can just move this box on and forget about the whole nightmare of trying to own an Albins - and order a Samsonas.  I spoke with them yesterday - they were sympathetic to my situation and were keen to help - but I'm looking at 5 months wait (which for some reason doesn't even seem that bad considering how long I have waited for the Albins).

Let this be a lesson to anyone looking to buy a new sequential - don't make my mistake.  

Is really a shame what has become of this - you spend top dollar expecting the best product, service, etc - and just get nothing.  

What you think boys - wait it out - or f*ckem and move onto Samsonas?

Opinions?

Dan

Edited by IMACUL8

That sucks man. Are you dealing with Albins direct or have you gone through a supplier ? Every man and their dog is running an Albins in the offroader buggies here and can't stress how good their parts support is.

Obviously I don't know their finer details, but personally I would stick with them as I personally can't make peace with dealing with overseas transmission supplier anymore and you might find yourself in a similar situation.

That said, have you considered the current Quaife sequential supplied by Tim at SVS in the UK if all goes to shit ? I'm not aware of anyone using one in Oz and could be another option ?